Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Educogym asking for money to work there?

Options
  • 28-03-2015 5:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭

Hi Everyone,

I hope it's OK to post this here.

Basically my brother had applied for a personal training job with Educogym at Salthill, Galway.

He went to the interview and was told if he wanted the job he would have to take out a €6000 loan and give it to the gym and after his training was completed it would be given back? Obviously he refused and left asap but I just wanted to see if anyone else has had that experience with that particular gym? It's not right and they should not be asking anyone for money like that.

Thanks for your help :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭cloudatlas

Go to the top of the health & fitness page and search forum on right hand side. Educogym are infamous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,723 ✭✭✭nice_guy80

Wow.
    Is this what they are at now?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

That's quite clever. I'd imagine the work will be BRUTAL in time, stress and intensity, and it's a great way for them to guarantee someone stays the course.

I'd run a mile. Fast.

But regardless - clever.

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭Madd Finn

"We used to have to get up at 10 o'clock at night, half an hour before we went to bed. Drink a cup of freezing cold poison. Work 28 hours a day at t'mill AND pay t'mill owner for permission to work and when we got home, our dad would murder us in cold blood and dance about on our graves singing Alleluia"

And you thought Monty Python were kidding!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

That is obscene. Do they actually give it back?

• Advertisement
Advertisement