Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Impulse Repeat

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

Did Biology for the LC and we never wrote up any experiments. I'm not saying you're not supposed to but it seems rare that schools actually get checked.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,139 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

I'd think they'd be more likely to check an external as they know from school inspections etc. what's going on in schools.

Personally, I wouldn't take the chance. It's not like you don't learn something from doing the experiments anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Feliciano

spurious wrote: »
    OP, did you have to pay a huge fee to register, or had you applied long before this thread?
    Looking at the information it seems to indicate late fees of 52 euro per subject.

Unfortunately I won't even be able to attempt this. I'd have to pay €690 by the end of the month and I don't think that's going to be possible.

I'm still going to do French so that I'll be able to go to UCC next year but I'm not sure if I'd be able to live with myself doing Commerce.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

Quick question and sort of hi jacking the OP's original post.

If I want to sit the LC how do I do it independently without going through one of the VEC/ETB colleges. Can I just sign up online and go to a test centre?

Sorry if the question is somewhat moronic.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,139 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

There are a number of public centres in Dublin that you can use, though it will be very costly at this stage if you want to do it this year.
    Information on the External Candidates page:
    https://examinations.ie/index.php?l=en&mc=ca&sc=ca

• Advertisement

Feliciano wrote: »
    Unfortunately I won't even be able to attempt this. I'd have to pay €690 by the end of the month and I don't think that's going to be possible.

I'm still going to do French so that I'll be able to go to UCC next year but I'm not sure if I'd be able to live with myself doing Commerce.

You could do French and then go back in 2016 to do the rest?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Feliciano

thelad95 wrote: »
    You could do French and then go back in 2016 to do the rest?

Ideally I would like to go college next year. I don't know if I'd be able to justify another year out.

Feliciano wrote: »
    Ideally I would like to go college next year. I don't know if I'd be able to justify another year out.

What age are you? I don't see what the big rush is to be honest. You'll see when you do make it to college that there will be people of all ages in 1st year, not just the 18-20 category some people think it is.

Advertisement