Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

hormone testing

Options
  • 25-03-2015 8:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭

anyone recommend somewhere you can get a full hormone testing ie. total and free testosterone, estrogen, cortisol etc?? this is out of curiosity no medical issues :)

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,077 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

I'd be curious to know what you can do with the results.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭heno86

well i'm going to be upping my training(mostly resistance and hit sprints) and implementing a more paleo approach to my diet over the next few months (also intermittent fasting) aswell as taking some supplements which are supposed to support test production and lower cortisol. ie vitamin d, zinc, vitamin c etc and would be curious to have a before and after..just a little experiment i suppose

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭guile4582

Ben dunne gym carlisle have something for members posted about this, i think you leave your details and they get back to you about getting a test

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭ford2600

Most labs won't test without good reason for Vitamin D. After an Irish winter, chances are you are on low side.

Won't your various hormone level vary considerably throughout the day? A once of snapshot will tell you very little useful

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭fungie

ford2600 wrote: »
    Most labs won't test without good reason for Vitamin D. After an Irish winter, chances are you are on low side.

Won't your various hormone level vary considerably throughout the day? A once of snapshot will tell you very little useful

Ive never had a problem getting vit D done. Its very common.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,196 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

ford2600 wrote: »

Yup.
    So try your best to get them tested in similar circumstances.

Advertisement