Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

On the interpretation of religious texts by The Lords of Distortion

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭swampgas

silverharp wrote: »
    So what religion are you? If you are christian then you are not supposed to hide your light under a bushel?

It would be logical to be critical of law that creates harm , you might be slow to be critical if you personally support the harm being not corrected.

Absolam doesn't really do answers, mostly he does questions. I wouldn't bother pursuing it to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,913 ✭✭✭Absolam

So what religion are you? If you are christian then you are not supposed to hide your light under a bushel?
    I asked you how relevant it is, remember? So far it seems not at all from what you've said, but if it helps I don't own a bushel.
    It would be logical to be critical of law that creates harm , you might be slow to be critical if you personally support the harm being not corrected.
    You might also be slow to be critical if you wanted to acquaint yourself with the facts, or you were aware that a habit of leaping to conclusions had lead to some rather glaring errors. All told there are probably more than a few reasons you might be slow to be critical don't you think? Being a Christian might not even make it into the top five I suspect....

• Registered Users Posts: 17,849 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

So you are not Christian as you have denied Christ otherwise , I'll leave that one there

And you make no value judgement between democracies that allow minorities to be persecuted and those that don't. Ok you are entitled to that view

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users Posts: 6,913 ✭✭✭Absolam

So you are not Christian as you have denied Christ otherwise , I'll leave that one there
    I can't recall saying either, so I have to say it looks like you are again jumping to conclusions.
    And you make no value judgement between democracies that allow minorities to be persecuted and those that don't. Ok you are entitled to that view
    Which does rather neatly return us to your original assertion, that failing to condemn is the same as condoning. After ten pages, have you managed to come up with a justification for it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭Brian Shanahan

This thread stopped being funny some pages ago, can a mod move the discussion posts to their own thread

Worst thing about it, the discussion already has its own thread where, incidentally, the religionistas have already been pwned by logic.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

This thread stopped being funny some pages ago, can a mod move the discussion posts to their own thread
    Additional posts moved over :)

Advertisement