Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Evo Volt Electric Radiators

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20 dmboards

fourcats wrote: »
    I've had mine in now for a couple of years, 7 rads. I live in a very small apartment and my last 2 month bill for Feb/march was €385.66.

Hi Fourcats,

Could you give a little more info on this bill - how many/type of rooms, duration of heat being on, other electric usage (immersion, cooking). I have a small house and thinking of replacing 1*panel, 1*downflow and 1*storage heater (bedroom, bathroom, and living /kitchen) so I'm looking at 4/5 in total. Understand you cant comment what my bill would be but €385 for a two month bill seems kinda high to me. Still happy in general?

Thanks
    DM

• Registered Users Posts: 1 hexpope

fourcats wrote: »
    I've had mine in now for a couple of years, 7 rads. I live in a very small apartment and my last 2 month bill for Feb/march was €385.66.

I have just bought an apartment myself and it currently has those old storage heaters in it. I am also looking at ECOVOLT. When Fourcats was quoting his/her bill, I presume it was the ESB bill in total and not the actual heating costs for the heaters only ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 rickotheduck

Does anybody know if the ecovolt heaters can connect to an app

• Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Naid23

we are thinking of getting the ecovolt bathroom radiator installed as our plumber messed up and didnt run the pipes for a radiator (long story :mad: ). Does anyone know if Ecovolt provide an installation service or is it just a sales service? thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭UrbanFret

Can these heaters be worked manually (just switch it on and off when needed).Or do you have to set them on a program. I got one installed in a prayer room at the local church. there are days when they wouldn't be needed at all but I'm having trouble figuring out what to do for those days.:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 Joan OBrien

My EcoVolt is saying offline in the app even though it's connected to the Tplink and had been working perfectly, any advice please?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,532 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

It is important to understand what efficiency means, it has nothing to do with cost effective or good value for your money.

The equation is:

Percentage efficiency = (Output / Input) x 100

It is really an assessment of the losses, nothing more.

For an electric heater the we can use kWh (or units). All electrical heaters are almost 100% efficient (almost no losses), this means that 10 kWh of electrical energy will generate almost 10 kWh of heat energy. The problem is that a unit of electricity costs around € 0.22 which is around three times the cost of a unit of gas. For this reason a using a far less efficient gas boiler is a far cheaper way to heat your home than using more efficient electric heaters.

Even the cheapest nastiest old fashioned electric heater will be as efficient as any new or "smart" electric heater regardless of how smart the controls are. The only way they can reduce your electricity bill is by generating less heat!!! Don't be conned, only opt for an electric heating solution of you have no other option. This is why there is a market for gas and even oil boilers.

If you have 10 kW of old storage heaters switched on at 100% for an hour they will cost exactly the same to run as 10 kW of Evo Volt heaters switched on at 100% for an hour at the same tariff rate and they will both generate exactly the same amount of heat.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭conormc1984

Hello all. I had several Ecovolt Joule readiators installed many years ago. I was eagerly awating the release of a wireless hub which would allow be use it through an App. I was continously being told it was in development but nothing came of it but it is on the newer radiators.

My question is, is there any work arounds i can do for these radiators to in order to manage them remotely myself ?

Advertisement