Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FREE Breakfast Friday at McDonalds (Fri 27th)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭messrs

Fresh Pots wrote: »
    Anybody try the drive thru yet?

I was down at kylemore road and the amount of cars going through the drive thur was crazy, so many cars in the queue - all getting them with no issues

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭CR 7

I was at my local one just before 7 and I was already the second customer. There's signs up everywhere about it and you just ask for whichever one you want and they hand it to you for free. No strings at all. I pass 3 of them on the way to work so there's now 3 bacon and egg mcmuffins in me, minus the muffin and cheese parts which are in my bin. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Given its advertised in the individual branches and on national radio I reckon something like " can I please have my free (insert choice), thanks for that"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭JustTheOne

messrs wrote: »
    I was down at kylemore road and the amount of cars going through the drive thur was crazy, so many cars in the queue - all getting them with no issues

Seems bit desperate to me. 2 Euro will buy you one, is it really worth the effort?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

meathman0 wrote: »
    Just got mine, now off to the toilet -:)

Why bother going to the trouble of taking one.....I dont get peoples rants and moans at all, if you dont want to avail of the bargain, then dont, but posting about how crap or calorific it is, well I dunno.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭forgodssake

I'd love a mcmuffin right now not near a MCDonalds .. sad face ... enjoy everyone .

• Registered Users Posts: 5,130 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

Just got my mcmuffin. Never had one until now. Nice tack but I won't be stopping especially in future! Coffee is good mind you!

JustTheOne wrote: »
    Seems bit desperate to me. 2 Euro will buy you one, is it really worth the effort?

im in that kylemore branch every morning for coffee on the way to work so I didn't go in just for the free mcmuffin - but I will say I have never seen it that busy in the mornings and there would only ever be a few cars going through the drive-thru in the mornings . saw a guy bring his kids in still in their pj's

I'd love a mcmuffin right now not near a MCDonalds .. sad face ... enjoy everyone .

you have till 10am to get to one :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,677 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Chaos at the one on Belgard road with all the cars at the drive thru backing up out onto the road outside and bringing normal traffic to a standstill ... saw the traffic cops heading that way a minute ago..

• Advertisement

I must say it's a fantastic way to alienate your regular customers who now have to queue for 15 mins instead of 15 seconds for a coffee. Bravo

• Registered Users Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭BoJack Horseman

People would queue 30 mins for €2.

Humans are fascinating.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

I must say it's a fantastic way to alienate your regular customers who now have to queue for 15 mins instead of 15 seconds for a coffee. Bravo

Yup. I get a coffee every morning before work. I'd rather pay extra to get one in Costa, than stand in the queue outside the McDonald's.

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭meathman0

vicwatson wrote: »
    Why bother going to the trouble of taking one.....I dont get peoples rants and moans at all, if you dont want to avail of the bargain, then dont, but posting about how crap or calorific it is, well I dunno.....

While your getting one ask for a sense of humer while your in there , I enjoyed mine it was meant as a joke, maybe too early got you.

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭FrStone

Drive thru in ballincollig is manic! They are out of the bacon though!

Well after watching numerous school kids just skip the queue and join their friends at the top of the queue for 10 mins I had enough and left. Currently enjoying a coffee in insomnia ... and I think this will be my new regular spot

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭Phantom99

I said Id try one as I was passing anyway. 3 min wait for me so no big deal.

Glad I did ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

People would queue 30 mins for €2.

Humans are fascinating.

Not €2, It was €2.60 last time I got one a few weeks ago if I remember correctly.

I did a drive by of Maynooth on the way to work but there was a massive queue so I kept driving. It wasn't worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭Johnny_Fontane

McDonalds, Costa and Insomnia all mentioned in this thread.

cmon guys, we can do better than this.

support your local independent coffee shops, they are bloody everywhere!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,035 ✭✭✭OU812

Got mine after a 15 minute wait in the drive through. Delicious but the place was rammed & the cars are queued up about 150 yards for the drive through

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,316 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

• Registered Users Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

The local McDonnalds in Swords (and surrounding areas) are all owned by a local husband and wife (think they own 5 of them) and I assume their staff reside in Ireland (unless they've automated it and it's outsourced to India or somewhere)... Is this not supporting local business?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,316 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

OU812 wrote: »
    Got mine after a 15 minute wait in the drive through. Delicious but the place was rammed & the cars are queued up about 150 yards for the drive through

your name was never more appropriate :)

Chaos at the one on Belgard road with all the cars at the drive thru backing up out onto the road outside and bringing normal traffic to a standstill ... saw the traffic cops heading that way a minute ago..

I'd be fair pissed off if my route to work was blocked by tight arsed people not even bothered to get out of their car to walk into the place FFS.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

Out the door in Limerick.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭superfurry1

The only good local coffee shops are in town or worse in affluent suburbs with substandard coffee at exorbitant prices no thanks if you can find a good cup of coffee for a reasonable price i would be interested.

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,062 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

I was at the drivethough in Limerick at 945, said I was too fat and f*ck off. Ok, they didn't say that, but the window was closed. Now I'm hungry and my beard is grease free. :-{C}

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭tharmor

got easy wisy at dun laoghaire....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

Walked in the Mc Donalds in Galway on Shop Street and had my Mc Muffin within a minute :D

Can't say it was very tasty but It was well worth the price :D

• Advertisement

Forgot about this until I was on my way to work and then it was too close to 10 to make it. Boooooo!

Advertisement