Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Muscovy Ducks

Options
  • 24-03-2015 11:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭

Anyone know where I could source a couple of Muscovy Ducks please? Within a reasonable distance of Limerick would be helpful.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭aonb

check out irishfowl.com
    fowltrader.com and
    irish-poultry.com
    freerangepoultry.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭iora_rua

aonb wrote: »
    check out irishfowl.com
    fowltrader.com and
    irish-poultry.com
    freerangepoultry.ie

Many thanks for those leads!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭Brown Podzol

My mother used to have Muscovy ducks many moons ago, colourful characters. I am almost certain sure I saw a pair wild in a wet wooded area a couple of weeks ago. Is that possible?.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

My mother used to have Muscovy ducks many moons ago, colourful characters. I am almost certain sure I saw a pair wild in a wet wooded area a couple of weeks ago. Is that possible?.

Very possible. A friend of the family had some of them near us and four or five got away. Two ended up on the lake near us and used to get bread from locals. We were baffles at first as to what they were, these great lumps of black and white birds!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,527 ✭✭✭Limestone Cowboy

Had a few here one time and they flew away, met them a year later one day in a small stream about 2 miles away! Keep their wings clipped!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭arse..biscuits

I keep them for meat. One duck hatched out 15 last year. They have fantastic meat.

Advertisement