Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sligo Councillor's

Options
  • 24-03-2015 10:18am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 515 ✭✭✭

The last local election for Sligo Co Counci saw sitting councillor’s promise the sun moon and stars 'if they got elected'. One local FG councillor from Coolaney with close family ties to John Perry was placing great emphases at the time on distancing himself from national politics.

He said that councillors worked on local based issues and party politics should not have anything to do with their represtantations. No doubt well versed by his brother-in-law he now chooses to stand by national party policies and has given the Harvey Smith to the people who elected him, Karma is a wonderful tool, roll on the next elections. wink.png
    user_online.pngreport.gif

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,457 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

Politicians will be politicians.

(By the way, I like your Harvey Smith reference. Very retro! I remember when I was a kid, a neighbour having a t-shirt with a cartoon version of Harvey Smith, sitting on his horse, giving the fingers.) :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭Kettleson

1971, a year of tragedies and disasters including the disaster at Ibrox Park football ground at end of a soccer match in Glasgow Scotland, when a barrier collapsed killing 66...but indeed, the "V" sign was one of the most enduring talking points that year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭Uncle Ben

Kettleson wrote: »

1971, a year of tragedies and disasters including the disaster at Ibrox Park football ground at end of a soccer match in Glasgow Scotland, when a barrier collapsed killing 66...but indeed, the "V" sign was one of the the enduring talking points that year.

Yep.I worked with a Scot from Greenock outside of Glasgow. According to him the above incident was known as 'the Great Orange Squash 'on the Celtic side of the city.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭Kettleson

Apologies for going of topic, but that was one of the things that I could never stomach, nor still can, the dehumanisation of human life for soccer tribalism. Hopefully those days are long behind us.

Uncle Ben wrote: »
    Yep.I worked with a Scot from Greenock outside of Glasgow. According to him the above incident was known as 'the Great Orange Squash 'on the Celtic side of the city.

That is disgusting!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭sligono1

All noise till there elected and we should not expect to see any of them until the next election or maybe the general election when I'm sure some will be fancying themselves for the the big pay package and more expenses in the dail.

What ever few I see or hear of these days is either talking through their hats on Ocean FM or get their photo in the champion kissing babies heads or at the opening of an envelope.

Not out talking to the people who elected them on issues.one big issue I have is the state of repair of local rural roads another winter passing and their condition is getting worse.i know the council has a pot to pee in but something needs to be done.it's like cavan roads in the 80's pot holes every where.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 358 ✭✭SPM1959

zorro2566 wrote: »
    That is disgusting!

Shock horror: Football fans being offensive!

Advertisement