Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

interval training to shift couple pounds

• 24-03-2015 10:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭

Would maybe just like to drop 6-7 pounds just to try get my fitness tops.im not over weight just feel few more pounds off would help.what would I eat before interval sprints for energy.surly wolfing down lots of cars before it would defeat the purpose for burning fat no.maybe I'm wrong not really to much up on the diet part of things

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,604 ✭✭✭petethedrummer

very little. if you do them right you'll want to puke.

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭markusz

a good way to burn fat is to do a session before breakfast... doing a 45 minute turbo session shouldn't require any food beforehand in the morning.

Anything up to 2 hours on the road shouldn't require food intake during the spin unless you are doing serious intervals. just eat normally besides.

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭willdill

markusz wrote: »
    a good way to burn fat is to do a session before breakfast... doing a 45 minute turbo session shouldn't require any food beforehand in the morning.

Anything up to 2 hours on the road shouldn't require food intake during the spin unless you are doing serious intervals. just eat normally besides.
    Cheers Mate

• Registered Users Posts: 7,604 ✭✭✭petethedrummer

Specifically for sprint intervals: I'd do them in the evening as you can feel really destroyed after them and possibly not in the mood to do any work. And depending on your personal recovery capabilities your legs could hurt or feel dead for days after. So you may only be able to do very light sessions in the following days.

If it's a weekday and you work; have a decent lunch and eat something very light at around 4:30 and do the intervals after work. Do a good long warm up as you could pull something in the all out efforts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭colm_gti

Intervals are usually good for building strength, if its weight loss you want just get out on the bike and ride steady for an hour or so before breakfast.

Refuel with a good breakfast afterwards and you won't feel hungry til lunchtime.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭ford2600

Your diet will probably be more important than training, although according to this lad in the long term hard to win the battle with Leptin!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WMdSHNnRbEs

Advertisement