Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon Fire Stick Launch Sale Tomorrow Morning [Amazon]

Options
12345679»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,438 ✭✭✭finbarrk

Thats fine if you live near one of their delivery destinations. Just checked it there and it would take me an hour to get to the closest one in Clare. And they have only 2 places.

Why wont they deliver to Ireland anyway?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭NATLOR

Parcel Wizard will deliver to your home or Addresspal is run by An Post so collection is done at the post office

• Registered Users Posts: 13,657 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

NATLOR wrote: »
    Parcel Wizard will deliver to your home or Addresspal is run by An Post so collection is done at the post office

+1 for Parcel Wizard, cheaper too (marginally) ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

finbarrk wrote: »
    Why wont they deliver to Ireland anyway?
    I'd say mostly because Amazon prime video doesn't work in Ireland. They are only licensed to give it to UK users.
    So when an Irish person gets their hands on a fire tv, most of the standard/Amazon content won't work.
    You have to go for 3rd party apps to get anything useful.

• Advertisement

I'd say mostly because Amazon prime video doesn't work in Ireland. They are only licensed to give it to UK users.
    So when an Irish person gets their hands on a fire tv, most of the standard/Amazon content won't work.
    You have to go for 3rd party apps to get anything useful.

So, basically this item doesn't work properly here in Ireland. Not much of a bargain so.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭irishgrover

So, basically this item doesn't work properly here in Ireland. Not much of a bargain so.

the item works great....some of the apps, such as amazon prime won't work unless you go through ha DNS or VPN service (which is very easy to do). Regardless Prime Video is not a free service, there is an annual subscription.
    As other posters mentioned, there is plenty you can still do with this stick. There are loads of apps and games. It is great for using plex or kodi for streaming local network media, there are numerous options with regards to add ons for Kodi.
    I owned loads of these type of devices, starting with the MK80x, google chromecast, lightweight media centre PCs, Apple TV, generic android boxes, amazon Fire TV, amazon Fire Stick etc
    The ones I always go to by default are the fire tv and fire stick. There are well designed, well engineered, great UI etc...
    So I'll politely disagree with your dismissal.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭NATLOR

You need to read the thread and do a bit of research before making such statements

Advertisement