Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When are kids old enough to play outside alone?

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭Ms. Pingui

My child is almost 5 but I don't leave her out alone. We live in the country but the garden isn't secure and we keep horses so it would be really unsafe to leave her out and about unsupervised.
    I grew up in the middle of nowhere and spent my whole childhood outdoors with all my sisters exploring and getting up to mischief, it was great!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,389 ✭✭✭NachoBusiness

When I was three I was allowed to drive my tractor up and down the front driveway of where we lived (St Donagh's Rd, Donaghmede.. very posh area of Dublin for those not au fait with Dublin) as where my neighbour's kids my age. The gate was locked and I would regularly stand at the gate saying hello to strangers until the acknowledged my existence. I can remember running inside chuffed when someone did say hello to me. Not that I think of it, life has changed all that much for me tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭Paulzx

• Registered Users Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭RonanP77

Paulzx wrote:
    OP, you need one of these

Paulzx wrote:
    Works great on small kids

The link doesn't work for me.

Advertisement