Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Intake 11 (1309 campaign)

Options
  • 22-03-2015 2:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭

How come none of you started a thread for yourselves? First thing I'd be doing after picking myself up off the floor. Well maybe not the first thing. Congratulations folks!!! Enjoy hotel GV and stay safe xx

IKWT2015
    Imcg1106
    JtmC
    majgreen
    monty46
    qwertywarrior
    SolidSnake44
    Sthm

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭monty46

If the rest of them are anything like me then it hasnt sunk in yet...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 444 ✭✭Sthm

Cheers - fingers crossed anyone else still in wait will fill another intake in the coming weeks.

I'm still in shock too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 qwertywarrior

I'm in too. After a long, long wait.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭majgreen

haha, still hasnt hit me yet. Never believed i would get it after such a long wait. Cannot wait for training to start though! See you all soon!

for those wondering about what our pay will be, here's the breakdown which i believe is accurate:

- £19k p/a during training
    - Aprox £22.5k after completion of training
    - Approx £23.5k after completion of probation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 robocop12

majgreen wrote: »
    for those wondering about what our pay will be, here's the breakdown which i believe is accurate:

- £19k p/a during training
    - Aprox £22.5k after completion of training
    - Approx £23.5k after completion of probation.

Where did this information come.from.or is this just a guesstimate?

PDF from the PSNI website. Havent got the exact link at the moment. It shows the breakdown of all payscales including new trainee's as of August 2013. The 2014 recruitment drive will obviously be lower as their starting salary was advertised at £19k

Who knows how it'll actually end up, but I was told by HR that it was campaign one starting salary of £23,727.

Received my pack today and it doesn't mention anything about it.

I thought I'd read somewhere that somebody asked HR and they stated that we were on the 23k pay scale? Not that it bothers me either way, my pack arrived today in the post. Pay isn't mentioned in it

Havent been home today to see if my pack is there. Probation is 2 years right? I wouldnt imagine they would pay us the £23k from day one, even the Army pay less during training until you are placed on full time duty. Either way, aslong as its around those ball park figures i'll be happy. Guess we can clear it up at the induction?

• Advertisement

Yes, probation is 2 years.

ignore me people, seems i read the wrong part of the page. £23k seems to be the starting wage!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 IKWT2015

Just finished reading the info.pack. Its certainly starting to sink in now and is getting exciting!
    See you at the weekend!

• Registered Users Posts: 45 lmcg1106

Just handed in the notice, the excitements building now! see you all at the weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 15 mambono5

the starting salary is 23k + 3k transitional allowance so basically 26k :) not too bad! well done guys see you out at district soon, garnerville will fly by haha

• Registered Users Posts: 35 SolidSnake44

mambono5 wrote: »
    the starting salary is 23k + 3k transitional allowance so basically 26k :) not too bad! well done guys see you out at district soon, garnerville will fly by haha

How long is the transitional allowance paid for, or is it an ongoing thing? Not something I've heard about before. Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 15 mambono5

its paid monthly to all officers on top of your monthly wages from day one at garnerville.

Do we post the confirmation letter back to them? Can remember them saying something about a form when i got the phonecall but dont remember the exact words as i was that excited.

In the moments of madness I've written down that we bring them with us and not return them due to the time restraints on it, hopefully somebody will clarify. It's a question I've wanted to ask too.

I was the same, barely remembering anything said on the call!

We definitely do just bring the forms with us rather than posting them back.

• Advertisement

Cheers was out running when i got the call so was huffing and puffing trying to get my breath back and hear what was being said.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭CDizzle

Looks like it's not meant to be for me either. Was informed that my vetting had cleared last month but no phone call.

Anyone having problems getting through to college admin to register car details etc? Rang yesterday and went through 101 today but cant get an answer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭JtmC

Don't be worrying they will answer! I had the same experience. Try between 1330 / 1400.

Just went clean shaven for the first time since mid last year. The razor's made a wee boy out of me.

Sthm wrote: »
    Just went clean shaven for the first time since mid last year. The razor's made a wee boy out of me.

I bet, especially after having it for awhile, you look in the mirror a few times to check is that what you really look like!

My face is torn to pieces. Shaving sucks! Is everyone starting to put together a kitlist for the training?

• Registered Users Posts: 45 lmcg1106

I guess we're going clean shaven for the induction then, may have to add a new girlfriend to the shopping list !

There is no requirement to shave. You are allowed a beard as long as its well kept, however, i imagine that the drill sgt will have fun with you for it... lol

• Advertisement

majgreen wrote: »
    There is no requirement to shave. You are allowed a beard as long as its well kept, however, i imagine that the drill sgt will have fun with you for it... lol

I heard that somewhere also. I'm usually clean shaven etc so it won't make a button of a difference anyway for me!

Yes starting to get a kit together aswell, slowly but surely. Better to get it sorted as soon as possible.

Looking forward to the induction weekend!

Advertisement