Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Milan San Remo

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,606 ✭✭✭MPFG

Paul Kimmage's interview of Nicolas Roche ( Thought I'd put it hereas no where else )

http://www.independent.ie/sport/other-sports/cycling/paul-kimmage-on-why-nicolas-roche-is-determined-to-be-his-own-man-in-the-peloton-and-off-the-bike-31085204.html

Diet & weight are really his Achilles heel

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,324 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

MPFG wrote: »
    Paul Kimmage's interview of Nicolas Roche ( Thought I'd put it hereas no where else )

http://www.independent.ie/sport/other-sports/cycling/paul-kimmage-on-why-nicolas-roche-is-determined-to-be-his-own-man-in-the-peloton-and-off-the-bike-31085204.html

TBH I think age has definitely caught up with Kimmage and that's holding him back more than his diet nowadays:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,305 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Really good article.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭funnights74

Sagan looked like he had it won at the end of the descent but always the bridesmaid. Tons of ability but I wonder psychologically has he got it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭JK.BMC

G Thomas is such an honest and classy rider; if he were to win Flanders it would be some kind of justice for all the work he does. If he were in a belgian team maybe he wud have a better overall palmares?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭Konkers

http://m.bbc.com/sport/cycling/31958848

Speaking of G. Thomas. Nice little article on who he favours for the spring classics and he predicted degenkolbs win.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭ROK ON

JK.BMC wrote: »
    G Thomas is such an honest and classy rider; if he were to win Flanders it would be some kind of justice for all the work he does. If he were in a belgian team maybe he wud have a better overall palmares?

One of my favourite riders but infuriating. If you asked me 3-4 years ago I honestly believed he would have a monument by now. I would like to see him get one soon. The problem with having a big engine in a team like Sky is that you spend a lot of time working. That said they have upped their classics game.

Great win for Degenkolb a man who despite a strong palmares often seems overlooked versus Kittel. I usually find MSR fairly boring but yesterday was a bloody good race.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

Thats a great read!

logik wrote: »
    Thats a great read!

Yes...Kimmage when he is not being an aggressive foul mouth is an excellent interviewer ...He leads people where he wants them to go

Nico's mom Lydia is still very good looking alright...better looking than his fiance IMO

But Roche remains for me so frustrating...dieting in the middle of races and getting bonks ... not losing the weight when not racing to be at the top....Guess he has decided what he is prepared to do or not to do as the case maybe in his career...pity as he is a very climber and if light enough would be up there IMO..He seems to have parked personal ambition

I guess in any sport it is how determined you are to be at the top level
    Very honest interview though

• Registered Users Posts: 31,010 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Nico's mom Lydia is still very good looking alright...better looking than his fiance IMO
    Seriously? :confused:

• Advertisement

Lumen wrote: »
    Seriously? :confused:

Its just an opinion ...His fiance has youth and prettiness on her side but his Mom is good looking

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100004249758956&fref=ts

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 20,788 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

ROK ON wrote: »
    Great win for Degenkolb a man who despite a strong palmares often seems overlooked versus Kittel. I usually find MSR fairly boring but yesterday was a bloody good race.

Really? MSR is usually a great race.

Degenkolb is a different kind of rider to Kittel. Kittel is much more suited to a properly GT stages where he's delivered to the front by a train and has the raw speed to beat anyone. Degenkolb is a great finisher over a rolling course like MSR, where lead out trains are non existent.

Ride of the day yesterday, IMO, was Luca Paolini. His chase of Geraint Thomas was unreal.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Registered Users Posts: 8,050 ✭✭✭buffalo

tumblr_nlmghih6dO1qbw072o1_500.gif

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

buffalo wrote: »
    tumblr_nlmghih6dO1qbw072o1_500.gif

Must've had a bet on Gilbert.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭Diarmuid

The should have run that gif on. He took a bike then from a mechanic and the back wheel just fell out

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭bwalsh1983

Who was that? Farrar?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭lennymc

ciolek i think. MTN Qhebeka (or however you spell it). Won the race a few years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,305 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

bwalsh1983 wrote: »
    Who was that? Farrar?

Gerald Ciolek. He won MSR back in 2013. He would have fancied his chances yesterday. Although he probably wouldn't have had the outright speed in the sprint to beat Degenkolb, Sagan, Matthews etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭Ryath

lennymc wrote: »
    ciolek i think. MTN Qhebeka (or however you spell it). Won the race a few years ago.

I thought it was a fan at first bit thick around the middle for a pro cyclist!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,039 ✭✭✭✭neris

is the lad in the quick step jersey a fan or a team member of some sort?

• Advertisement

neris wrote: »
    is the lad in the quick step jersey a fan or a team member of some sort?

He is a EQS mechanic as just behind Choleik is Kwai

• Registered Users Posts: 8,050 ✭✭✭buffalo

Diarmuid wrote: »
    The should have run that gif on. He took a bike then from a mechanic and the back wheel just fell out

msr15-gerald-bike.gif

Advertisement