Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Keeping the post 8pm hunger pangs at bay

Options
  • 19-03-2015 9:51pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 654 ✭✭✭

Im a hoor for the half 8/9pm sambo lately and it have pushed my weight up just a tad, but noticeable enough to do something about.

Has anyone else got similar issues? Even now Im contimplating a brown bread sandwich. Is there such thing as a healthy, low fat post 8pm snack?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Gerry Rio wrote: »
    Im a hoor for the half 8/9pm sambo lately and it have pushed my weight up just a tad, but noticeable enough to do something about.

Has anyone else got similar issues? Even now Im contimplating a brown bread sandwich. Is there such thing as a healthy, low fat post 8pm snack?

What do you eat the rest of the day and at what times?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭jam_mac_jam

I would suggest a bigger dinner.

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭turniphead

You're not alone here op. I train often and eat well too. Even after a big dinner I'd still find myself hungry around 9pm

Rather than starve myself I usually end up having some boiled eggs or some porridge. Sometimes I have a sandwich or a heap of fruit.

I'd love to know if there's a better way to go about this. I eat plenty of big healthy meals for breakfast, lunch and dinner. I just can't resist the post 9pm hunger!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭jive

Tea subsides my hunger before bed. Although I usually just eat in fairness

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,697 ✭✭✭MaceFace

Is the problem that you are actually hungry or you think you need to eat something?

The former is that you just aren't eating enough during the day, so eat a bigger/better dinner - protein and fats are very satisfying.

If the latter, its about breaking the switch in your head that says it is 8:30 so time to eat. I have this problem and its hard to beat. I just succumb to it but eat less earlier in the day knowing I will eat something later. Personally, I have a large low fat Aldi yogurt (250cals) or some rice cakes. All with a large cup of tea.

You could always try delay eating your dinner till later in the (say after 7pm). By the time you finish eating/cleaning, it will be close to the 8:30 bread sandwich time and your brain should tell you that you're not hungry.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 SanfranCal

Answer: Protein, Greek Low Fat or No Fat Yogurt

I have found that increasing your protein intake without increasing calories, saturated fats or sugars is the best way to stave off those hunger pangs. Greek yogurt is a great way to do it. Can you find the brand Fage or some of the brands that are sold in Canada?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 6,376 Mod ✭✭✭✭Macha

Good evening snack is some cottage cheese or a protein shake made with milk or water.

If you're trying to lose weight, it's worth trying a low calorie snack to see if it's enough to satiate the impulse.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭sparkledrum

Have a low cal hot chocolate.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Order burger and chips.

Advertisement