Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vetch.

Options
  • 19-03-2015 8:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭

Where can i obtain vetch seeds? And how best to plant them. A leguminous plant favoured by livestock.

Its a small area i'm thinking of initially planting. Thanking you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭baaba maal

There are a number of vetches growing naturally in ditches etc that you can start gathering this year- they're members of the pea family so the seed husks are like small peapods that quickly turn black and drop the seed so collect (from areas that aren't protected of course) when they're green but turning.
    In the meantime, here is who I would use to buy seed from (and they have at least two vetches when I checked http://www.wildflowers.ie/ I've no connection but they really, really know their stuff.

Advertisement