Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SmackDown spoilers 20/03/2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,083 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

CSF wrote: »
    He isn't going to be booked strong, because they don't want him to get too over again.

you're 100% correct, but my God, what a sad, sad sentence that is.

imagine actively trying to make sure a talent doesn't get over.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

They have pretty much buried every babyface to "make Roman look strong".

And it's been a total bust. They've completely ****ed their own roster and it will probably take months to fix it.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,860 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Moneymaker wrote: »
    They have pretty much buried every babyface to "make Roman look strong".

And it's been a total bust. They've completely ****ed their own roster and it will probably take months to fix it.
    To me what they're doing, is pushing the guys strong who they think appeal more to the casual fan, and not doing a huge amount with the guys who the hardcore fans like because they're aware that we'll watch anyway, as much as we threaten not to.

This absolutely shouldn't be the case, because custom should be appreciated rather than treated with contempt, but to be honest I'd be of the opinion at the moment that if you're continually giving money to the WWE at the moment while they treat you with contempt, via the network, PPVs, and merch, then you're arguably part of the problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

The fact that you never hear about Bryan kicking up a fuss over how he is booked kinda tells you a lot about him. It's been known forever but he's happy with his lot, not a greedy guy and appears to be at a stage where if he called it quits tomorrow he could live a normal life. That's mental in a industry full of mentals.

Anybody else in the world coming back from a near career ending injury would flip **** if they were told their comeback would result in a nothing elimination at the Rumbles which is a direct insult to the fans and the man himself. It can't be stressed how hilariously petty that was. Even funnier that he agreed to it.

He'll always have a spot as a really good worker and a popular fan-favourite but how they've successfully managed to kill his momentum to the point where Ambrose is getting slightly better reactions is legit impressive. And I don't think he minds that at all.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,417 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

The fact that you never hear about Bryan kicking up a fuss over how he is booked kinda tells you a lot about him.

I guess though....where else could he go that he'd get the same money, security, etc? If you dislike his booking now, imagine what they'd do if he spoke out. WWE isn't exactly the place that people (outside a very select few) get to speak out and continue their career....

• Advertisement

He could live very well for himself in the indies or NJPW imo. He'd bring a ton of publicity and interest wherever he goes.

Part of me almost hopes he quits. They don't deserve him.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,125 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I think BNB needs to win and keep the IC title at WM

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,742 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

If he doesn't win, all those non title defeats will have him well and truly buried.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Loughc wrote: »
    If he doesn't win, all those non title defeats will have him well and truly buried.

But losing to him makes people look like dorks as well:p

Its a shame really how they have booked Barrett over the years because they had a money heel a few years ago. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭WinnyThePoo

Huge fan of Barrett. Sadly he should be a top heel. Could easily of been added to the authority angle with his IC belt. Excellent on the mic, good worker in the ring.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

He's been booked like a chump for many a long year. Either Bryan or Ambrose have to win. This is a lose/lose for Bryan, if he wins he's stuck with a title (unless WWE have plans for it) in the mid card for a few months losing TV matches and winning 5 minute PPV matches here and there or if he loses made to look like a chump. Poor Bryan, this is his punishment for getting over.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

I don't know who I think should win but I'd be of the opinion that Barrett has to lose. His current title reign has been tarnished beyond saving imo and him winning will only hurt the others rather than elevate him & the title. Would like to see the Authority kick Big Show or Kane out after Mania and bring in Barrett as their new enforcer.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,083 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Huge fan of Barrett. Sadly he should be a top heel. Could easily of been added to the authority angle with his IC belt. Excellent on the mic, good worker in the ring.

if a normal person was running WWE, he and Cesaro would be in Kane and Big Show's respective spots right now.

I think Kane and Big Show are right for the role. If it was Barrett and Cesaro we'd all be complaining about how often they get used as Reigns fodder (and other guys during the authority angle)

I think its ok for Barrett to win at Mania as long as Ambrose, Ziggler and Bryan in particular look strong. This sort of match is set up for the 3 guys mentioned to put it all on the line, looking great, allowing the crafty heel Barrett to sneak the win at the end after the other guys have done most of his work for him.

J&J are the fodder. Kane and Big Show have won an absurd amount of matches and been protected to a ridiculous degree that guys of their age, physical condition and overness(or lack of) should be getting.

Cesaro and Barrett in those positions would give us better matches, give them a rub and a chance to show the talent they obviously have.

Plus Cesaro kicking a guys ass while in a suit is pure money.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

Not too annoyed about Bryan losing because it's to be expected. WWE have long proven that apart from the top 2 or 3 guys, wins and loses aren't used to build someone up, protect someone or make someone long strong. Wins and loses are simply part of the story. A good example of that is Bray Wyatt who under normal wrestling logic should be winning every week in the run up to taking on the Undertaker. Instead he hasn't had a single match because WWE don't see him getting a few wins under his belt as important.

For them, everybody in the IC title beating each other clean is a better story than the old school logic of trying to make guys look strong. It's a shame but of course that's why they don't have any main eventers anymore apart from Cena and Lesnar who are protected, in the sense that they are the only guys who don't get pinned on nothing matches on Raw and Smackdown.

I guarantee that as soon as Rusev loses once, he will lose all the time (like Ryback when his undefeated streak ended).

• Registered Users Posts: 85,125 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I like Cesaro teaming with Kidd and Natalya but they all deserve singles pushes
    I wait for the day WWE does soap opera drama again and Natalya dumps Kidd for Cesaro :p
    Ambrose needs to feud again with Rollins, he should stop him cashing in

Moneymaker wrote: »
    J&J are the fodder. Kane and Big Show have won an absurd amount of matches and been protected to a ridiculous degree that guys of their age, physical condition and overness(or lack of) should be getting.

Cesaro and Barrett in those positions would give us better matches, give them a rub and a chance to show the talent they obviously have.

Plus Cesaro kicking a guys ass while in a suit is pure money.
    J and J don't do matches. It's more a comedy sketch when anything happens them.

Big Show and Kane don't win significant matches at all usually. That 6-man recently is the only one I can think of. Could you really put Cesaro and Barrett in that role?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭Ridley

I like Cesaro teaming with Kidd and Natalya but they all deserve singles pushes
    I wait for the day WWE does soap opera drama again and Natalya dumps Kidd for Cesaro :p

Shirley it would be Kidd dumping Natalya for Cesaro?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

The idea of putting Cesaro and Barrett into the authority would be good if they were part of a group facing another group. But as it is Kane and Show are regularly left looking like eejits and just back up for Rollins so I am glad they are not in that role.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Jesus Christ.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Surely he should know better than that?

Not really worth it for a throwaway midcard Smackdown match surely?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

Rjd2 wrote: »

Well it was supposed to be just a suplex - he certainly didn't intend to land on his head and neck. I'm not an expert but it looks like Harper's fault for releasing him mid-air.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

rovert wrote: »
    Bryan taking another distressing bump:

He's been watching a little too much Naito it would appear:
    https://twitter.com/SenorLARIATO/status/573455697431658497

Another example of why I don't want him anywhere near Brock.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

Jesus thats sickening for a guy who has had serious neck issues! Surely he should be going the Austin/Angle route of changing his ring style now. He wont last 2 yrs taking bumps like that

Rjd2 wrote: »

It's more Harper's fault then Bryan, I agree though he shouldn't be doing anything like this on TV. Only Bryan and WWE know how good or bad his neck is but I can see why some worry for him. But Bryan isn't the type of guy to pull back on things.

Lets get back to the matches, Those two Bryan matches were very good matches especially the one with Ziggler, Bryan came out looking strong and the defeat to Ziggler did him no harm as it was a back and forward match.

DM_7 wrote: »
    Another example of why I don't want him anywhere near Brock.

Brock is suppose to be very safe in the ring, I don't know where all this Brock is a career killer in the ring stuff comes from (Bob Holly was a rookie's mistake). Many of have said he's a pretty safe guy in the ring. Give me Bryan and Lesnar, the only match in WWE right now that I want.

• Advertisement

Looper007 wrote: »
    Brock is suppose to be very safe in the ring, I don't know where all this Brock is a career killer in the ring stuff comes from (Bob Holly was a rookie's mistake). Many of have said he's a pretty safe guy in the ring. Give me Bryan and Lesnar, the only match in WWE right now that I want.

I don't think Brock is dangerous (to others) but any match that he doesn't throw his opponent around in makes no sense after his last few matches and I don't want Bryan getting thrown around (due to the risk of something going wrong and his neck issues).

And Bryan would insist on getting thrown around.

Advertisement