Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Jinx: The Life and Deaths of Robert Durst

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,217 ✭✭✭✭Penn

For the most part, it wasn't as good as Making a Murderer. But the last 15 or so minutes of the last episode... holy sh*t. Brilliant stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭runningbuddy

I loved Making a Murderer too but this is more gripping, if you know what I mean. Durst is such a compelling character:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,372 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Penn wrote: »
    For the most part, it wasn't as good as Making a Murderer. But the last 15 or so minutes of the last episode... holy sh*t. Brilliant stuff.

Making a Murderer is great but I thought the last few episodes dragged. Think they wanted it to be 10 parts when maybe 8 would have sufficed.

Why did I start watching this??? up half the night, knackered now!! compelling stuff...jesus, his eyes...he is one scary guy:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Yea, really enjoyed this and found it tighter than Making a Murderer production and story-wise.

That final episode is really worth it, such a good pay-off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭PressRun

It's a different perspective to your typical murder/mystery type show in that it's more about questioning the validity of someone's innocence rather than questioning their guilt. Certainly breaks from the usual thing you get with these types of documentaries.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

fantastic television and Durst is a fascinating guy but I find it hard to admit that i think hes a very likeable person.

How he got away with it in Texas is shocking and just shows the power of money in the world. His family members defiantly know the truth.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭PressRun

ricero wrote: »
    fantastic television and Durst is a fascinating guy but I find it hard to admit that i think hes a very likeable person.

How he got away with it in Texas is shocking and just shows the power of money in the world. His family members defiantly know the truth.

He's probably a sociopath, which would make appearing likeable and exhibiting superficial charm part of the package.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

The Jinx, about a billion times better and more fascinating than MaM.

• Advertisement

What is with his eyes?? They are pure black....there are no whites at all. There were a few funny moments during the interview..they eyebrows..he was asked if he intended to shave his eyebrows...Durst replies "who accidentally shaves their eyebrows"?? as if THAT is crazy:D. Also, I didn't kill him....I dismembered him...WTF???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

I haven't watched it yet but got the DVD yesterday and the blurb on the back of the DVD seems to give away the ending which is rather idiotic.

You will still enjoy it dingus....:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

Brilliant show.Hard to believe it actually happened and now what it's done is every time I read a book or watch a TV show or film and think"this is completely unrealistic it couldn't possible happen in real life" I'm going to think of this and think maybe it could.

The episode featuring
    the court case in Galveston was brilliant as I thought his defence lawyers made a brilliant case and had I been on the jury I don't think I would have convicted him either

I think there must be a massive compulsion amongst some killers to want to confess imply to show off how great they were to get away with it in the first place.A bit like the James Bond villian always telling James Bond what his ingenious plot for world domination is.It's no good doing something bad unless you can brag about how bad you are.

So many WTF moments Dingus. Hands down, the best thing I have seen in years. Glad I'm not the only on who laughed at the trial :D. He's the perfect villian:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭Left Back on the Bench

Just finished this. Absolutely gripping. Really showed me what money does

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,015 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Trial in September.

Slight unnerving fact that the film makers edited the
    "confession" at the end.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/04/24/arts/television/robert-durst-the-jinx.html

He looks like crap. A 5 months trial! Real shame it isn't live like OJ

Robert Durst: Berman murder trial opens with jury watching The Jinx

US property tycoon found guilty of best friend's murder

https://www.rte.ie/news/2021/0918/1247519-robert-durst-guilty/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,882 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Robert Durst Charged With Murder in 1982 Disappearance of His Wife

Mr. Durst was recently convicted of murdering a friend because of what she knew about his wife’s disappearance from their Lewisboro, N.Y., home.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,882 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,217 ✭✭✭✭Penn

A real shame.

A shame that knowing he was likely to die and already imprisoned, that he didn't confess to the other murders he most likely committed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

I just watched this over the weekend having had the DVD sitting in its plastic wrapping since I bought in many years ago (I have too much stuff). I also watched Capturing The Friedmans many years ago and didn't realize it was by the same production team until I saw the CTF poster in the background at one stage. Anyway, the whole thing is crazy, and so very American on so many levels, but a compelling watch. Highly recommended to anyone who hasn't yet waded in. As crazy as he is, there's a strange like-ability and empathy (or maybe it's pity?) towards Durst at times which shows how despite his social awkwardness that there's a strange charisma to him.

Watched All Good Things then last night (it's on amazon prime); it's not bad, but I'd imagine watching it blind and unaware of the Durst story it would likely seem ridiculous and implausible.

Advertisement