Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that annoy you part 479

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭whatismyname

oh a trivial thing that annoys me a lot is definitely that whenever I invoice clients the invoice clearly states bank transfer only, yet so many of them send cheques.

Happy to get the money, but so annoying having to keep go to the bank unnecessarily, and of course waiting for them to clear, when they could just do an instant bank transfer.

I know there's 'reasons' in some cases but.... grr....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,826 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

it's quite trivially annoying that none of you can go down and get that thing in town for me...

It's a TA that people say town as if we were all living in the one town :D

Seven Worlds will Collide

It's a TA that people say town as if we were all living in the one town :D

Nope - if I had and you did, I'd have sent you down for it ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

You're 'busy' in bed and someone knocks at the front door, you have to answer it since you're waiting on a parcel to be delivered. The caller turns out to be a Jehovas witness. FFS, I got out of bed for that:confused::mad:
    Hmmm ..on a Monday Pumpkin? Changing the sheets was it...:D

Sending me a cheque with a staple in it. Cheques go into machines. Silly to send with a staple through it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

Colser wrote: »
    Hmmm ..on a Monday Pumpkin? Changing the sheets was it...:D
    ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,856 ✭✭✭ratmouse

When you are in a queue in a shop, bank,etc. and somebody in the vicinity smells of that really bad wee smell, like they haven't changed their underwear in months. You end up having to hold your breath to avoid breathing the smell in! It's horrible.

It really annoys me when people can't see that a proposed business will be a failure. There's been a push to get a specific centre built locally and locals keep ranting about how great it would be and how it would attract people to the town. Eh, no,...it wouldn't be great, it'd be a total failure that would end up derelict. People living within a 15 mile radius can already access better entertainment closer to home than what they'd get at centre that is being proposed. Plus in the other areas they can enjoy a nice meal in a variety of places. They can't do that here.

If it were a viable business then the people behind it wouldn't be struggling for years trying to find investors. For the love of Christ, it'd be great if people would focus on trying to get businesses going that would actually attract people to the town and create sustainable local jobs.

Always TA'd by the creepy tunes that are played from Ice Cream vans. The have such creepy undertones to the melodies. Actually makes me feel more trivially creeped out more than TAd!!

ratmouse wrote: »
    Always TA'd by the creepy tunes that are played from Ice Cream vans. The have such creepy undertones to the melodies. Actually makes me feel more trivially creeped out more than TAd!!

Do some of them still play the music to Barney the Dinosaur?

TA: Barney

• Advertisement

when my laptop gives a message saying 'Scanner is warming up' and I think jeez I wish I knew its secret.'

Do some of them still play the music to Barney the Dinosaur?

TA: Barney

Yes, Barney is one of the tunes. Another is that "If you go down to the woods today...." tune. Find them all a bit disturbing!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭conorh91

This morning I bought an umbrella after getting off the Luas on Stephen's Green and by the time I'm at Central Bank Plaza, it has turned into a fcuking rag on a stick.

I wouldn't even mind, but i deliberately didn't buy the cheap one, but went for the middle-range one. AND I corrected the teller when he undercharged me.

This kind of thing wouldn't normally annoy me, but when your sh1tty umbrella is flapping in the wind, your ankles are soaked, everything you're carrying is destroyed and the Luas is full and ignorant, it's infuriating...

TA'd when my labello/chapstick gets kind of warm from being in my pocket or a warm room. I go to apply some and the majority of the balm stick breaks right off as it's lost it's solidity from the heat!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lifeandtimes

People using a cash machine for more than one transaction. ...I had a guy use it 5 times in front me the other day...no joke,5 times in a row...how much god damn cash was he taking out?

People using a cash machine for more than one transaction. ...I had a guy use it 5 times in front me the other day...no joke,5 times in a row...how much god damn cash was he taking out?

I'm an easy going type overall but I have to say that that kind of rubbish really tries my patience. Five transactions?!

I hate gale force wind. I was taking the wheelie bins in and they were blowing over. Got soaked for the second time to day. It's buggering up the tv reception, so the stuff I'm recording will be really jumpy when we watch it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

Paid 425 euro for a week in the Gaeltacht just for me to sit in a room and study. These Irish exams are a money making buisness, not training teachers in a good standard of Irish.

Also, every time I've been to the Gaeltacht this year, it's been cold, windy and wet. Yuck.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

Took my 3yr old to Crumlin for a problem with her leg & left with a detected heart murmur 😷

Samsgirl wrote: »
    Took my 3yr old to Crumlin for a problem with her leg & left with a detected heart murmur 😷

That's awful. I hope she'll be OK and small consolation but at least you know about th murmur now.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,436 ✭✭✭c_man

Hope it's all good Samsgirl. I don't think it's trival but it sure as hell makes mine seem so :)

For god's sake, some adults need to grow up. My housemate can be grumpy as hell and often is.
    "Hey looking forward to Game of Thrones?"
    "Fuk that fantasy stuff, distracting people from real life. It's all a bit make believe for grown ups isn't it? People should be focused on more important matters."

He'll be the first to want to see it. Recent sh!te talk contradictions have had him belittling sports documentaries as being something wrong and nothing that would interest him, then a few days later signing the praises of Senna.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

Neighbour borrows my garden Hose then just flings it over the fence when she's finished. What a cnut, you could knock in to borrow so you could knock to return it

• Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭PandaPoo

Charity collectors calling to the door on Friday, at 7.44am. I couldn't believe it!! My husband had the day off too so we were having a lie in. Absolute madness.

I walked downstairs, looked out the curtain, scowled at him and went back up to bed.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

PandaPoo wrote: »
    Charity collectors calling to the door on Friday, at 7.44am. I couldn't believe it!! My husband had the day off too so we were having a lie in. Absolute madness.

I walked downstairs, looked out the curtain, scowled at him and went back up to bed.
    I had prepay power at 10 am Saturday when nursing a hangover. Yes I am happy paying my bill you cheeky little cnut

• Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭PandaPoo

I had prepay power at 10 am Saturday when nursing a hangover. Yes I am happy paying my bill you cheeky little cnut

Bleedin cowboys!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

Just watched last episode of Walking Dead, (have to watch it at night time). Raging now that it's over. Thankfully Hannibal is back soon, will have something decent to watch.

Groups of school kids on the streets collecting for charity. It seems like any time I go to Limerick city on a Friday their are hoardes of them everywhere. O'Connell street is the worst. For those who don't know Limerick city, within shouting distance of each other are the main shopping places, Arthur's Quay, Penney's, Cruises street, Brown Thomas and the Bank of Ireland ATM's. In fact most of the shops are across the road from each other. Their is no fecking need for there to be upwards of a dozen teens on that one small stretch.

The cheekier ones even make their way around to the bus stops harassing people waiting for buses. Schools need to stop this crap of letting them out during school hours to rattle buckets at people, particularly when the collection buckets aren't sealed and are easy for kids to dip their hands into.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

THe little puff of steam that jumps out unexpectedly when you cut into a toasted pitta.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

That's awful. I hope she'll be OK and small consolation but at least you know about th murmur now.

I had one of those and I was ok. Not to detract from the seriousness but just to try put your mind at ease :(

Edit: TA replying to the wrong post. Duh

• Advertisement

Tesco

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement