Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New to photography any tips ?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭bazzer_1984

Is there much of a difference on Vibration reduction lenses like for most people out there would it really make a difference can anyone advice here

thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭Silva360

Is there much of a difference on Vibration reduction lenses like for most people out there would it really make a difference can anyone advice here

thanks in advance

If you use a tripod – no
    If you use flash – no (unless you have very shaky hands)
    If you can use a high ISO and get relatively clean images – as with flash

If you like to shoot hand held with a relatively slow shutter speed - yes
    If you like to pan – perhaps
    If you use a telephoto lens - most likely, but depends on the circumstances really

Personally, I wouldn’t pay extra for it. It can certainly be useful at times, but on the lenses I have it on I still very rarely use it…. But, if I was a handheld low light shooter, without flash, I would definitely want it!! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Studio120

i would also like if anyone could tell me if there is a way you would recommend tweaking camera for better performance or do i really need to ?

To improve your performance ( not the cameras ) I would recommend shooting on manual in situations where you have the time to.

It will allow you to get a grip on how exposure works much more then AV or TV etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,111 ✭✭✭dinneenp

thanks in advance
    Just buy a Pentax; they have in-body stabilisation

dinneenp - can you send me a link i dont know what they look like if you could explain it would be great
    thank you

• Advertisement

Can anyone here tell me or compare the default 18 - 55 mm nikon lens (Not VR) that comes with the camera to the Nikon 50mm f/1.8 D AF prime lens
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

One is a zoom lens and the other is a fast prime lens that works at one focal length.

The 18-55mm wouldn't be able to open up to F1.8, I think 3.5 is probably the best you can hope for at 18mm and as you zoom in, that will close to 5.6.

dinneenp - can you send me a link i dont know what they look like if you could explain it would be great
    thank you

It just means that Pentax don't need stabilization in the lens as it's in the body(main camera part). Just google Pentax Dslr to see what one looks like.

A 50mm 1.8 lens is great for getting portraits with the background blurred out. It's also very good for low light, the lower the number in aperture the better in low light. As it's fixed to 50mm you can't zoom in or out. A lot of people like this lens when learning as it makes you walk closer/further away from your subject to frame/get composition right.

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭EyeBlinks

Take time out to find out what you want to photograph and why. Then read loads and do it, mainly ignoring what others say.

Your camera is just a means of doing what you want. Treat it with the disrespect it deserves ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Kevbhoyo

My advice, join a camera club! I never even printed a shot until I did, then I moved up the ranks by learning from peers at the club.
    Beats any course by IOP etc

• Advertisement

Anyone here looking an all around lens ?
    Mod Snip

• Registered Users Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭Tiriel

No selling on this forum .

Tiriel - Sorry i wasn't aware

Can anyone give me there opinion comparing the Sigma 18-200mm f/3.5-6.3 DC (Nikon Mount) not the OS version
    to the Nikon 55 - 200 mm VR lens

Hi is there any form that allows users to sell photography stuff ? I have a Sigma 50-200mm f/4-5.6 DC OS HSM High Performance Telephoto Zoom For Nikon Cameras and looking to sell it if anyone knows a form please let me know

thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 6,392 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

Hi is there any form that allows users to sell photography stuff ? I have a Sigma 50-200mm f/4-5.6 DC OS HSM High Performance Telephoto Zoom For Nikon Cameras and looking to sell it if anyone knows a form please let me know

thanks in advance

Try adverts.ie

AnCatDubh - I have it advertised on adverts.ie not sure if i am allowed post link here to sell

• Registered Users Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭Tiriel

AnCatDubh - I have it advertised on adverts.ie not sure if i am allowed post link here to sell

No selling here please.

Advertisement