Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Random Drug Testing

• 14-03-2015 7:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭

Can anyone give me a definitive answer as to if you can or cannot do random drug testing in a voluntary organization.

Thanks all

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭timmywex

Geezer1000 wrote: »
    Can anyone give me a definitive answer as to if you can or cannot do random drug testing in a voluntary organization.

Thanks all

Are you wanting to implement random drug testing in an org or wondering could you be tested?

The key word in the whole sentence is voluntary imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69 ✭✭palmtrees

timmywex wrote: »
    Are you wanting to implement random drug testing in an org or wondering could you be tested?

The key word in the whole sentence is voluntary imo.

+1. You can if they are willing to agree to it.

If you think somebody is under the influence of drugs while on duty/at training then that's a different matter and while I don't believe random drug testing is the best way to handle this, I can't really offer any advice without knowing the specifics

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭Geezer1000

Its something I would like to see implemented in an organisation. Its a pretty dangerous thing we do and there are suspicions of some members being involved in drug taking.
    If it was on the application form and signed by members I assume this would cover it. Also is there kits or does a doctor have to do it?

I thought if the threat of random testing was present it would scare off the culprits??

Any advice welcome.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭FluffyAngel

you can introduce it as a policy of say x orgnastion but it needs board approval and a link person to undertake the role ..

a big say would be the legal impilcations
    plus the money side

in voluntary setting id be very very careful if these arent copperfasted by strict guidelines as my feeling is that it can be challenged legally and easilly

plus you got to factor in that the process can be open to fraud by the person ..

is it really worth it in the long run is the question

maybe looking at other avenues re policy and procedures?

• Registered Users Posts: 24 hatty444

You can get a basic Drug Testing kit for around 20 euro in Boots.

If you suspect someone of being under the influence of drugs while on duty then you should report it to the Director of the unit. You cant just single someone out if you don't have proof. If you want to something like that then you will need to do it to the whole unit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭Geezer1000

Thanks all for the advice

Advertisement