Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

America's Economic prosperity

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,050 ✭✭✭nokia69

Fubrege wrote: »
    That's an interesting question, what would the best way to invade the US be? Assuming conventional warfare.

its just not possible

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,191 ✭✭✭Eugene Norman

De-dollarisation is rapidly underway by the major players worldwide...

It's a wonder then that the price of the dollar is appreciating.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭Iranoutofideas

It's a wonder then that the price of the dollar is appreciating.

No it isn't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,363 ✭✭✭KingBrian2

What factors have made the United States of America the wealthiest nation in the world?

Jazz

• Closed Accounts Posts: 604 ✭✭✭Vandango

What factors have made the United States of America the wealthiest nation in the world?

Bringing all those captured Nazi scientists back to America after WW2 ended. Meant they could build a mighty & globally oppressive army to pursue their strategic economic interests. This undoubtedly fueled the global spread of their corporate cancers. Thankfully, like all empires, the United States is now a dying empire.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Stojkovic

Debt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭Valetta

That's an interesting question, what would the best way to invade the US be? Assuming conventional warfare.

They could be invaded through Facebook .

No such thing as conventional warfare any more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 760 ✭✭✭Desolation Of Smug

Yer man out on Gorse Hill is better off/less buried in debt than the US of A. Since when is being trillions in debt considered as "rich"?

Yer man out on Gorse Hill is better off/less buried in debt than the US of A. Since when is being trillions in debt considered as "rich"?

yer man on Gorse Hill can't print his own dollars

• Registered Users Posts: 8,168 ✭✭✭Wompa1

nokia69 wrote: »
    Teslamotors are the main driver of electric cars they aren't the same as GM and the rest of corporate america and it too late for the oil industry to stop them now

also the petro dollar link is still very important to the US economy

Tesla isn't the only electric car, though. The Nissan Leaf, The Chevrolet Volt and Spark, Ford C-Max. BMW and Audi are coming into the fold. The Kia Optima was designed and is partly manufacturerd in the US and also has an electric option. GM are manufacturing electric cars too.

The horse has bolted at this point. It's about adapting and competing.

When John McCain was running for President in 2008, he was proposing a huge reward scheme for developing a fast charging and long lasting battery.

Suggesting that these companies rely on oil, is a bit belittling. They are huge conglomorates. They can adapt and sell what's on demand. Whether that's oil or electricity. Today people are talking about Apple buying Tesla...the biggest companies can easily swallow the up and comers. If they want. Or just create their own product.

Exxon mobile and Shell are no dummies!

De-dollarisation is rapidly underway by the major players worldwide...

Yip and it's a good thing. America has too much power.

• Advertisement

yer man on Gorse Hill can't print his own dollars

All he need is an inkjet and people to believe.."I owe trillions to my creditors and print my own money to make ends meet"..people would grab a straitjacket and call me mad, but if it's a country, everyone nods and goes "Grand, fire ahead".

Wompa1 wrote: »
    Tesla isn't the only electric car, though. The Nissan Leaf, The Chevrolet Volt and Spark, Ford C-Max. BMW and Audi are coming into the fold. The Kia Optima was designed and is partly manufacturerd in the US and also has an electric option. GM are manufacturing electric cars too.

The horse has bolted at this point. It's about adapting and competing.

all these electric cars only exist because of the Tesla roadster

soon we will see the cars that get built because of the model S

this is what Tesla wanted, they are slowly changing the industry

Are they feck. I saw a Leaf the other day and it was the first and only. You misunderestimate big oil.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

This is how America will be invaded silly people.

Are they feck. I saw a Leaf the other day and it was the first and only. You misunderestimate big oil.

I said slowly

we have been using oil for more than 100 years and we will continue for a long time yet

but its clear now that the future is electric

• Registered Users Posts: 5,495 ✭✭✭bb1234567

Immigration , lots of natural resources they got when they stole land from the indians and proceeded to murder them..emm what else, war and oil. Foreign policy.

I said slowly

we have been using oil for more than 100 years and we will continue for a long time yet

but its clear now that the future is electric

Or hover boards.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,168 ✭✭✭Wompa1

What about the Toyota Prius?

Yes it was ugly but it sold very well and as far as I know, was the first mass produced hybrid car...

Jaysus, maybe Apple should buy them. People think Apple invented the mouse, the tablet and Operating System with a User Interface. In 20 years time, if they buy Tesla, people will say Apple invented the electric car...

Wompa1 wrote: »
    What about the Toyota Prius?

Yes it was ugly but it sold very well and as far as I know, was the first mass produced hybrid car...

Jaysus, maybe Apple should buy them. People think Apple invented the mouse, the tablet and Operating System with a User Interface. In 20 years time, if they buy Tesla, people will say Apple invented the electric car...

the electric car is older than Tesla, its not a new idea

I have been watching this since before the T-zero and I thought that the first good electric cars would come from Japan or Germany because they both have large car industries but no oil

but I was wrong the first good electric cars came from America like most great innovations and thats another reason for american prosperity

Advertisement