Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Terry Pratchett RIP

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,233 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Just thought I'd throw this up here. I chucked in the price of a DW book.

All funds go to 'fight the embuggerance'.

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭Mr_A

Always thought this passage was very funny, from Small Gods where Om has been incarnated as a tortoise.
    The Great God Om waxed wroth, or at least made a spirited attempt. There is a limit to the amount of wroth that can be waxed one inch from the ground, but he was right up against it.
    He silently cursed a beetle, which is like pouring water onto a pond. It didn't seem to make any difference, anyway. The beetle plodded away.
    He cursed a melon unto the eighth generation, but nothing happened. He tried a plague of boils. The melon just sat there, ripening slightly.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

I started reading Small Gods again last night. Was always one of my favourite Pratchett books.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭bakerlite

Leafing my way through Equal rights again with more than a chuckle.

Dissapointed in the most selfish of ways - I had really hoped he had just one more witches yarn in him.

RIP

Knex. wrote: »
    I started reading Small Gods again last night. Was always one of my favourite Pratchett books.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭Mark Hamill

bakerlite wrote: »

Dissapointed in the most selfish of ways - I had really hoped he had just one more witches yarn in him.

RIP

While maybe not exactly what you meant, "The Shephard's Crown" (a Tiffany Aching novel) is due out in September.

That and "The Long Utopia" (book 4 in the Long Earth Series, due out in June), will be his last books.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

While maybe not exactly what you meant, "The Shephard's Crown" (a Tiffany Aching novel) is due out in September. That and "The Long Utopia" (book 4 in the Long Earth Series, due out in June), will be his last books.
    It's nice to think that he still seems to be writing books after he died :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,913 ✭✭✭Absolam

robindch wrote: »
    It's nice to think that he still seems to be writing books after he died :)

"No one knows the reason for all this, but it is probably quantum"

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

bakerlite wrote: »

RIP

I feel the same. I had really hoped that before the end came he'd release one more book tying everything up, Nanny and Granny, and the Watch, and everyone. And I am irrationally, selfishly heartbroken that I'll never get his signature beside Neil Gaiman's on Good Omens.

Come back, Pterry. We need you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭Brian Shanahan

While we probably won't get any more books written by other authors, wikipedia says that Terry's daughter Rhianna (well respected in her own right, she's a writer for video games, most notably being the chief script writer for the Tomb Raider reboots) is currently adapting Wee Free Men for the screen.

While new stories are unlikely, I'd say over the next few years we'll get serialisations and maybe even films.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,913 ✭✭✭Absolam

One year on....
    #Speakhisname #GNUTerryPratchett

• Advertisement
Advertisement