Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What Sunday Paper

Options
  • 09-03-2015 6:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭

Had in their supplement a few weeks back declaring the Recession to be over, the Tiger to be back and had a host of z-list celebrities pictured drinking champagne?

Google hasn't turned up what I am looking for.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭Lollipops23

Sunday Independent.

It's a heinous rag.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,458 ✭✭✭valoren

It was a classic piece of Trolling by them to be fair.

http://www.thejournal.ie/life-magazine-good-times-cover-1834824-Dec2014/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭Lollipops23

valoren wrote: »
    It was a classic piece of Trolling by them to be fair.]

I don't think they were, and then used the "only joking" defence when they saw the backlash.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

batnolan wrote: »
    Had in their supplement a few weeks back declaring the Recession to be over, the Tiger to be back and had a host of z-list celebrities pictured drinking champagne?

Given your description, it could only be the Sindo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

Had in their supplement a few weeks back declaring the Recession to be over, the Tiger to be back and had a host of z-list celebrities pictured drinking champagne? .

Hmm. Let's have a wild guess.

The Times?

Sunday Business Post?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

The good times aren't back?!

*puts down breakfast roll*

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,745 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

First of all it was a few MONTHS back

Second of all , anyone who didn't loose their job or take a pay cut was never in recession for them things just got cheaper

• Registered Users Posts: 962 ✭✭✭Greyian

Second of all , anyone who didn't loose their job or take a pay cut was never in recession for them things just got cheaper

Did these people who didn't lose their jobs/take a pay cut also manage to dodge the introduction of USC and various other new taxes?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

Jesus. Calm down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 306 ✭✭SweetChaos

The Sunday Independent a great newspaper

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,816 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Every newspaper available on a Sunday in the Republic of Ireland, is shyyte. Every single one. Its quite disheartening.

However there is a special place in hell for the Sindo. And those few keys words in your inquiry should have led quickly to the door of INM.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭LeeMajors

The paper was the Sunday Independent and the cover was of RTE staff.

The 'tiger' never left RTE, or Pravda as it should be known as....

Offhand, I think Ireland has had net inflation since 2008. When the price level approaches zero, the cost of living is still rising.

Even if the CPI were marginally negative, the effects from increased taxes and charges, which are ultimately borne by working households, would have stripped away any possible benefit.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,517 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

I used to buy a Sunday paper and keep it for the guts of the week, keeping it on the table and reading it throughout various mealtimes. One of the luxuries of having the house to myself I suppose.

During that period, it was always "The Sunday Tribune". I loved it. I used to catch myself listening about various events during the week and thinking "I wonder what so and so' take in the Tribune will be about that" and used to love most columnists in it. Was upset when I heard it would be finishing.

I tried both the IT and SBP for a couple of months each after that but never enjoyed it as much. A lot of the journalists from The Tribune are still writing in weekly national papers but have never been drawn to a paper in the same way. Now it's Time Magazine which is on the Table for the week, it's fine but is global commentary rather than a national one and so don't enjoy it as much.

Would step around the SINDO if it was on the ground in front of me, I don't want sh*te on my shoes. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 20,507 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

I used to buy a Sunday paper and keep it for the guts of the week, keeping it on the table and reading it throughout various mealtimes. One of the luxuries of having the house to myself I suppose.

During that period, it was always "The Sunday Tribune". I loved it. I used to catch myself listening about various events during the week and thinking "I wonder what so and so' take in the Tribune will be about that" and used to love most columnists in it. Was upset when I heard it would be finishing.

I tried both the IT and SBP for a couple of months each after that but never enjoyed it as much. A lot of the journalists from The Tribune are still writing in weekly national papers but have never been drawn to a paper in the same way. Now it's Time Magazine which is on the Table for the week, it's fine but is global commentary rather than a national one and so don't enjoy it as much.

Would step around the SINDO if it was on the ground in front of me, I don't want sh*te on my shoes. :(

The Turbine was part of the INM stable, now 30% owned by Denis O'Brien. Before O'Brien came on the scene the big cheese at INM was Sir Tony. It's good to see the diversity of journalism which could be achieved under such ownership. They also give you the choice of the Sunday World.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,745 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Greyian wrote: »
    Did these people who didn't lose their jobs/take a pay cut also manage to dodge the introduction of USC and various other new taxes?
    Like I said lots of stuff got cheaper so for a lot of people it more than balances out.

Advertisement