Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Baking Cakes

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Actually, I have to confess; I can't bake bread. I balls it up totally 9 times out of 10 :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Jawgap

Women know you can't beat a good muffin......

......anyway, I cook and bake (I do nearly all the cooking in the house) and I'm currently trying to persuade my teenage sons that a guy who can whip up a half decent three course meal gets a lot more lady attention than a guy who knows the number of the local Chinese by heart.......

.......I was fighting a losing battle until the eldest lad's 'girlfriend' was around the house and was having a bit of food with us and asked him if he could cook like me - cue, sudden interest in cooking!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭The Peanut

Jawgap wrote: »

......anyway, I cook and bake (I do nearly all the cooking in the house) and I'm currently trying to persuade my teenage sons that a guy who can whip up a half decent three course meal gets a lot more lady attention than a guy who knows the number of the local Chinese by heart.......

.......I was fighting a losing battle until the eldest lad's 'girlfriend' was around the house and was having a bit of food with us and asked him if he could cook like me - cue, sudden interest in cooking!

Love it!

My mam made sure we could all cook before we left home to go to college. I still enjoy cooking and would do most of the cooking at home. She was a terrible baker though and I've inherited her ability.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,086 ✭✭✭TheBeardedLady

Jawgap wrote: »

It is a very attractive skill. I was seeing a chef for a while who'd trained in France and jaysus, the stuff he whipped up. Some aphrodisiac that was.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭The Peanut

It is a very attractive skill. I was seeing a chef for a while who'd trained in France and jaysus, the stuff he whipped up. Some aphrodisiac that was.

Tell us more.;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Jawgap

My Dad is a retired chef so I worked as a chef through college and just enjoyed cooking.

If you can cook steak, chicken, fish and veg (properly!!), master a couple of basic sauces, a basic risotto recipe and a decent Spag Bol, you can thrive!

After that, it's just fresh food, take your time and experiment!

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭Esterhase

Man cooking and baking > man not cooking and baking.

It's the cooking part that's more important to me. I hate cooking and am perfectly happy to leave himself to do the dinner while I make nice cakes and desserts. Perfect teamwork!

Advertisement