Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Earphones that stay in your ear

Options
  • 05-03-2015 10:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭

Hi everyone.

Hopefully someone can help me out here. I'm pretty new to running and am working my way up to 10k (on the treadmill as opposed to running on the road until weather improves). It's pretty boring so I like to either watch TV or listen to some music but my earphones (buds) keep falling out. Can anyone recommend ones that actually shay in place. I don't mind if they're expensive but don't want to spend a fortune either. Thanks in advance. :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭easygoing1982

if you search ebay with running earphones you should get a decent pair.

i think i got a decent pair in harvey Norman as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭DMcL1971

I got fed up with earbuds always falling out so I started using the ones that clip over your ear. You can get a cheap set in power city for 9.95

http://www.powercity.ie/?par=30-20-HAES75&brands=JVC

Edit: Fixed broken link.

apologies if this is what the above poster has put up but I'm getting an error on their link.

try these : http://www.harveynorman.ie/tvs-headphones/headphones/earphones/jvc-sports-clip-earphones.html

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭biketard

apologies if this is what the above poster has put up but I'm getting an error on their link.

try these : http://www.harveynorman.ie/tvs-headphones/headphones/earphones/jvc-sports-clip-earphones.html

Another vote for these ones. Comfy, cheap and sound great. Water resistant (well, "splash proof") too. I really like mine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 803 ✭✭✭jungleman

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/1295618.htm

Look no further than these. They are unbelievably comfortable, terrific sound quality (bass isn't too loud), and that small triangle shaped loop sits snug in your ear to prevent them from getting loose or falling out. Can't recommend them highly enough.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

I'm using the earphones that came with my Samsung phone, they're similar to what's in that argos link. The ones that came with my ipod are no use at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

Thanks for all the responses. I'm definitely going to look at both the JVC and the Sony. I agree about the Apple ones. I've also tried the Beats buds and they kept falling out. Thanks again everyone.

Hi, sorry about the broken link, I have fixed it now. These are the same headphones alright except they are 14.99 in Harvey Norman or 16.99 in Argos or only 9.95 in Powercity.

The model type is JVC HA-EB75 then there is an added letter to indicate the headphone colour, A for Blue, B for Black or S for Silver.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,860 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Any earphones you get they have to go over ear. Logic dictates the action of the running and gravity is attempting the wedge the ear bud out and down.

If you are looking to go a bit more premium and Bluetooth I purchased Jay birds bluebirds X last year. Whilst expensive they are the best earphones I've had to date they are Bluetooth so wireless no messing around with cables and they come with a wing structure to lock the buds into your ear with some downward pressure. Again they can be worn under or over ear. They are very comfortable I would recommend them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

I have a pair of meelec m6. Which are good at saying in the ear. Sound quality is average. Might be worth getting a more expensive model.

http://www.meelec.com/Sport_Fi_S6_p/ep-sfs6-rdbk-mee.htm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭quaalude

Google Earhoox - they just work. I'd be lost without them.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,585 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

I always had the same problem with earphones when running.

So I gave up running.

Me 1 Earphones 0

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,697 ✭✭✭MaceFace

listermint wrote: »
    Any earphones you get they have to go over ear. Logic dictates the action of the running and gravity is attempting the wedge the ear bud out and down.

If you are looking to go a bit more premium and Bluetooth I purchased Jay birds bluebirds X last year. Whilst expensive they are the best earphones I've had to date they are Bluetooth so wireless no messing around with cables and they come with a wing structure to lock the buds into your ear with some downward pressure. Again they can be worn under or over ear. They are very comfortable I would recommend them.

I use the bluebuds x as well. Never come out. Love them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,068 ✭✭✭yermandan

+1 for the Jaybird Bluebuds. Best I've had and the bluetooth is quality

yermandan wrote: »

for €180 it's probably the dearest you've had as well :)

I definitely wouldn't spend big money on headphones for the gym. High quality headphones are great for sitting at home in an easy chair and getting lost listening to your favourite music from a lossless source.

But in the gym you won't appreciate the difference. There is dance music blasting on full volume in every gym I have ever been to, vying for your attention and your not concentrating on the sound. You are busy counting reps or making sure to breathe correctly or trying not to drop a weight on your head. Also on the off chance that they do fall off and get crushed in a treadmill or drowned in a water fountain, I would much rather replace a €10 set than a €100+ set.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭kingshankly

yermandan wrote: »

How long does a charge last

• Registered Users Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭crazyderk

I use the Monster iSport victory headphones OP and I run about twice a week. the headphones are waterproof/sweat proof, great sound and good quality and quite strong.

Bose also do a set that stay in your ear but I went through a few pairs of them as they broke so switched to Monster

heres the link, theres a few options here

http://www.monsterproducts.com/collections/headphones/isport

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,697 ✭✭✭MaceFace

I'm going to say about 6 hours. I charge them every few workouts and only once did they run out of juice. They give a 20 main warning.
    As for not spending big, that's subjective. The benefit of no wires, no outside noise, they stay in the ear. Works for me.
    Nothing worse than cables getting in the way or having to constantly adjust the ear pieces.
    So it's not just about sound quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

I have trouble also finding ear phones to stay in my ears when jogging. Even the ones that hook over the ears don't stay on. I find that by using a headband / hairband it holds the ear phones in my ears.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭liquoriceall

I got the yurbuds at the Great Limerick Run expo last year, had the same problems with other ear buds but these are great yokes! Think were around €35?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,120 ✭✭✭COH

Another +1 for the JayBirds from me - great piece of kit

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭rf1980

I would recommend some here urbanears.com/headphones - the ones with the "Earclick" solution give a good fit and stay in while running.

Heavy use (2 hrs non-stop at a time) gives around 4 hours

Medium use (say 30 mins here and there during an 8 hour work-day) gives me the whole day and I can charge them when I get home. They are brilliant imo

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

I had "triple flange" earbuds which were far more secure than regular ones.

$(KGrHqZHJBYFBUkrDBheBRtev))zog~~60_12.JPG

you would have to know the size you need of course.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/4-Pairs-white-triple-flange-Earbuds-ear-tips-for-beats-tour-sony-headphones-/180904187310?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2a1ebad5ae

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

I use the sennheiser ones with the yokes that stay in
    http://en-us.sennheiser.com/earphones-cx-1_00

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭Letsdoit

Sorry to hi-jack, but could anybody recommend a good pair for someone like myself who suffers from Cauliflower ear. My ear is canal is too small for the buds and I'm not a huge fan of over sized head phones for running e.g beats.

Any help really appreciate it.

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

Just to give an update. My husband bought ma a pair yesterday in TK Maxx. They have the fin things that are supposed to keep them in your ears. I will be trying them tomorrow at the gym so will update then. Thanks again forr all the suggestions. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 OpenShutter

BlueAnt Pump - Wireless HD Sportbuds - Black
    These are meant to be the business

Advertisement