Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Forearm Spasms

Options
  • 05-03-2015 12:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭

Hopefully this is the right place for this topic, if not, I apologize.

I'd totally forgotten about boards til recently when I started having an issue and had zero idea what's causing it so I thought I'd crowdsource ideas here :) Of course I will be going to a doctor or a physiotherapist soon, but I'm curious about what it might be right now.

Anyway the problem.

I've been going to the gym now a couple years, lighting weight, the usual, but recently I've found that my strongest body part, my arms, have started lagging behind due to a couple issues I've been running into weekly, and specifically bad since just after Christmas.
    Just after coming back I injured my tricep, not sure how, think I just tweaked it but since then I've been noticing some other things that have caused me some bother. Firstly and most importantly a spasming of the brachioradialis (i'd to look that one up to get the closest muscle to the issue). Its not constant but only occurs when I bend my arm, I don't even need to make a fist or anything just bending it causes the muscle to spasm, tighten and then I've to straighten my arm again to make the pain go away. It used to just be in one arm but today it happened in both, which was an issue when I was trying to wash my face in the shower and both my arms locked up.
    The second issue is one I've had for a while that I was really hoping would go. My right hand side bicep feels rock hard when I'm using it in the gym, like I have a golfball inserted under the bicep, and the muscle just gives out quickly.

The problem has gotten so bad lately that I've been considering physiotherapy for it, but I'm unemployed at the minute and feeding myself comes first and foremost. If anyone has any ideas I'd love to hear them.

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Im sorry, but no one here can diagnose this for you.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement