Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Up to boiling point!

Options
  • 05-03-2015 12:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭

Just a bit freaked out these days......

Over the part 4 years, I've been stalked, mostly online, by a guy that I know. It got really bad about 2 years ago. He literally checks up on everything that I do,somehow found my old accounts online,through a number of different sites,and knows my usernames, even I can't remember some of them. Last month,I started up my own website, a personal thing to me,an online journal, that I like to keep. I passed him earlier on and he said "Oh I like your new website, and read your blogs"

It's as if he puts my name into google everday to see what he can find. Nobody knows about this site, I didn't tell anyone!Should I be freaked out? What would you do? Is this being obsessive?

I've tried to shelter myself from this guy for months now, but we are in the same group, and it's tough to escape. I don't know how anyone could know so much, he even knows my old address, and he seems to remember personal stuff, things that he shouldn't, and things that nobody would really repeat, unless they had a motive

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,465 ✭✭✭✭darkpagandeath

I would seek Psychiatric advice. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 760 ✭✭✭Desolation Of Smug

Just ride him, resistance is futile.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Irishguy16 wrote: »

Over the part 4 years, I've been stalked, mostly online, by a guy that I know. It got really bad about 2 years ago. He literally checks up on everything that I do,somehow found my old accounts online,through a number of different sites,and knows my usernames, even I can't remember some of them. Last month,I started up my own website, a personal thing to me,an online journal, that I like to keep. I passed him earlier on and he said "Oh I like your new website, and read your blogs"

It's as if he puts my name into google everday to see what he can find. Nobody knows about this site, I didn't tell anyone!Should I be freaked out? What would you do? Is this being obsessive?

I've tried to shelter myself from this guy for months now, but we are in the same group, and it's tough to escape. I don't know how anyone could know so much, he even knows my old address, and he seems to remember personal stuff, things that he shouldn't, and things that nobody would really repeat, unless they had a motive

If you want to keep something personal I'd advise not putting it on the internet....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭Funkfield

Is his name Tyler Durden?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭Gmol

Oh hi there you are, love your boards post.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 917 ✭✭✭Mr_Muffin

OK i didn't think it bothered you that much i will stop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,744 ✭✭✭diomed

You are putting information online and you want people to not know. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

Over the part 4 years,

Going by your username I'll guess you're 16.
    4 years ago you were 12.
    How interesting was your internet activity wayyyyy back then?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭FluffyAngel

are you hoping that he reads this and gets a hint ..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭Kevin McCloud

You will now come up on google searches op.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

What you want us to do about it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭Paramite Pie

wow... that's really creepy! This clearly isn't the best place for advice given the unoriginal replies above this one...

Have you linked your accounts together or something? Do you blog under your real name? If you know someones email address you can search to see what accounts are registered with that email.

Are you facebook friends with him? Even if your not, and he's fb friends with one of your mates, he could probably still see your profile (the dangers of fb's "friend of friends" setting).

Lastly, are you sure he won't see this, lol??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,473 ✭✭✭Wacker The Attacker

Thats what you get for putting your business out there on the street.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭AndonHandon

He sounds supportive and encouraging. By any chance is his name David?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

1 - Does he look like you?

2 - Does he appear when you are at or near a mirror?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,983 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

This is the very reason AH is gone to the dogs. Attention seeking nonsense.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,287 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

I'm getting stalked by a company that sells mini engine models, turns up in almost every ad box.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

One, it's the internet nothing is private. Two, there's a fine stretch in the evenings now

Guys maybe you can help me aswell but

• Closed Accounts Posts: 760 ✭✭✭Desolation Of Smug

This is the very reason AH is gone to the dogs. Attention seeking nonsense.

Lol. "Gone to the dogs"?? It started at the dogs and then went cat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭lulu1

Op why are you keeping these old accounts if you never use them. You say he seems to remember personal stuff things that he shouldnt remember. Thats a kind of a weird statement

A personal journal if you want to keep something personal you dont splash it all over the internet

• Registered Users Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭sheesh

I started up my own website, a personal thing to me,an online journal, that I like to keep. I passed him earlier on and he said "Oh I like your new website, and read your blogs"

Are you friend with them on Facebook?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,993 ✭✭✭Mongfinder General

Sounds like he wants to get up on you. Big style.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭Adamantium

Be reasonable; do this OP. That's all the advice I got, I can't help you after that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭Paramite Pie

Apparently Google has a public removal tool;

http://searchengineland.com/removing-your-personal-information-from-google-55014

OP try to do some reading up on online privacy, you'll be surprised at the lengths people will go.

I'm disappointed with the answers here, if this was a guy stalking a girl online we'd be all concerned. Double standard much?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭lulu1

http://searchengineland.com/removing-your-personal-information-from-google-55014

OP try to do some reading up on online privacy, you'll be surprised at the lengths people will go.

I'm disappointed with the answers here, if this was a guy stalking a girl online we'd be all concerned. Double standard much?

It dosent give any indication if it's a guy or a girl posting just Irishguy as username and that means nothing

I for one don't like to see stalking happen but the OP should realise you're not going to get much sympathy on AH. What I'd like to know is has he said this to any of his friends or family, If he feels uncomfortable around this person tell him.

I never put very private stuff on the internet, don't trust it. My facebook profile is mostly full of funny photo's I find of the net.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Maybe the op likes Irish guys..

Could be a girl or boy...

Only thing for it op is to live in the trees where you have no power and thankfully you will have no internet.

Its so nice to have someone so interested in you they sound completely normal I would ask them out.

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭mickotoole

Your computer has been compromised by this guy that's how he knows all your ****. That's my theory anyway

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭Littlekittylou

unless they had a motive

He works for google.

Advertisement