Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GTA Heists - Now Live

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭Hingo

sheehy83 wrote: »
    4 lads beat the Master Mind Challenge getting 10 mil (12 mil including 2 other bonuses) each. One of them said you can fail or have a vehicle blow up and still pass. It only fails if a member actually dies. You can also press Options, Online, Awards and check the Mastermind Challenge to see if it is counting each mission. Out of the 4 people, they split into 2 groups from the Fleeca job and then regroup for the rest. Has to be on hard mode as well. They did it over 2 days.

Slight spoilers on how the last heist ends.

I really want to achieve this..

Does it matter if you've already done the heists for the €10mil? EG I know there's first time bonuses for each heist but is the 10 mil in that cat?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,601 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Also, about last night with Sparky, Savage and Etcher, dunno what happened but we all got kicked. I'd be lying if I said I was disappointed. F*that Velum :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

Why did you abandon us Milky?
    We needed you! :(

I was kicked. Load of bollox. Be back on tonight. Tried the heist with randomers. God they are all so ****.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Randomfriend

Also, about last night with Sparky, Savage and Etcher, dunno what happened but we all got kicked. I'd be lying if I said I was disappointed. F*that Velum :pac:

I think we were all relieved, I fecked off to bed afterwards anyway :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 694 ✭✭✭jackrussel

That's fair aul goin not to lose any lives doing them all. Would be some sickner to die when yer running from the cops on the last one, like a soul destroying sickner

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭RonanP77

jackrussel wrote:
    That's fair aul goin not to lose any lives doing them all. Would be some sickner to die when yer running from the cops on the last one, like a soul destroying sickner

It's handy enough getting away from the cops though. Sure we did it with 3 minutes to spare........... eventually.

• Registered Users Posts: 694 ✭✭✭jackrussel

RonanP77 wrote: »
    It's handy enough getting away from the cops though. Sure we did it with 3 minutes to spare........... eventually.

I was reading there that some guys went down to the helipad/moorings and used jetskis

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Started my Prison Break heist the other day and had to do the "cop car/station" bit. Guy I was paired with had literally zero ideas on how to lose cops, I have no idea how he's managed to play this game. He took us off into the country and got the car lodged in a river somewhere out in the sticks with us surrounded by helicopters and cars. the 2 other players eventually just quit because yer man was such a fkup.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭finglashoop

Shiminay wrote: »
    Started my Prison Break heist the other day and had to do the "cop car/station" bit. Guy I was paired with had literally zero ideas on how to lose cops, I have no idea how he's managed to play this game. He took us off into the country and got the car lodged in a river somewhere out in the sticks with us surrounded by helicopters and cars. the 2 other players eventually just quit because yer man was such a fkup.

The difference when ya get four lads together.

We had four last night
    myself
    q2ice
    dUbdj
    danC

Less time and hasle waiting on randomers and whar they are gonna do

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

I wouldn't even play a random job mission with Randomers online, never mind any part of a Heist.

They seem utterly clueless.

^
    I'd say it was funny being the passenger in that cop car though, thinking Where the fup did I get this guy from!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭puntosporting

Doing the prison break heist yesterday with randomers !
    Had the whole thing done all they had to do was land on the beach on one dude decides to kill himself 1/2 hour off my life ill never get back!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

I hate joining with randomers, but I've got hardly any boards member on ps4 so I'm stuck with it :pac:

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Mr Freeze wrote: »
    I'd say it was funny being the passenger in that cop car though, thinking Where the fup did I get this guy from!

Funny isn't quite the word I'd use myself... :p

Like, he was a higher level than me, so he's clearly logged more hours than me and judging by how bad he was, a LOT more hours, but I seriously don't know how he's managed to play for this long without learning how to get away from a paltry 3 star cop rating. I sat there staring at the screen with my jaw open shaking my head.

Made me determined to find my headset now :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭Titzon Toast

4 lads beat the Master Mind Challenge getting 10 mil (12 mil including 2 other bonuses) each. One of them said you can fail or have a vehicle blow up and still pass. It only fails if a member actually dies. You can also press Options, Online, Awards and check the Mastermind Challenge to see if it is counting each mission. Out of the 4 people, they split into 2 groups from the Fleeca job and then regroup for the rest. Has to be on hard mode as well. They did it over 2 days.

Slight spoilers on how the last heist ends.

So to do this challenge, you just have to complete all the missions on hard with the same four people in the correct order?
    As far as not dying goes, if the difficulty is set to Hard and someone gets smoked, the mission resets. Does this mean then that the big challenge is over? Or will restarting the mission put the kill count back at zero?

As soon as one of ye dies, go to Options -> Online -> Awards and check the Mastermind challenge award and it shows the progress out of 25 missions (setups and heists). If this is reset to 0, you need to get someone in your crew to go back and start the Fleeca job again.

This is what happens when you use mic's (and awesome crew members :pac:). Myself and RandomFriend (EtcherSketcher) taking out the Lawyers for the Prison Break setup mission. Etcher's idea to both snipe and use hit & run. I still can't get the blood of my armoured Kuruma, you gave your man some belt of it!

Edit: I also added a bit of Thug Life into the end because that's exactly how it felt :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭Titzon Toast

As soon as one of ye dies, go to Options -> Online -> Awards and check the Mastermind challenge award and it shows the progress out of 25 missions (setups and heists). If this is reset to 0, you need to get someone in your crew to go back and start the Fleeca job again.

I haven't tried to do it yet, it's been fairly sporadic so far with different lads doing different heists.
    After I've completed it, I'm gonna try and get four good lads together to have a bash at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭JDM Jack

I haven't been on any of the forums since last week and there's about 20 extra pages on all of them, it's like trying to read the Bible, you know you should but f*ck that.

• Registered Users Posts: 628 ✭✭✭stuartmurphy87

jackrussel wrote: »
    I was reading there that some guys went down to the helipad/moorings and used jetskis

Repeated it again tonight with Bryan, phobus and therapy boy. Got away first time. We all piled into 1 cop car and followed train track through tunnel. Then we headed up the mountain and drove off the top of the mountain to the dinghy. Made off with 1.1 million.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭djflawless

Anyone on for heisting?360

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Doing theFleeca job again last night (first time as the driller), any tips for drilling into the safety deposit box fairly quickly, was on with a randomer and it was taking me ages to drill and he just kept killing hostages and eventually disconnected altogether!Do you keep R2 held constantly and just push forward on the stick periodically?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Randomfriend

Doing theFleeca job again last night (first time as the driller), any tips for drilling into the safety deposit box fairly quickly, was on with a randomer and it was taking me ages to drill and he just kept killing hostages and eventually disconnected altogether!Do you keep R2 held constantly and just push forward on the stick periodically?
    I've only done it once, held R2 all the time, and just gently pushed the analogue further and further up as required.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

I've only done it once, held R2 all the time, and just gently pushed the analogue further and further up as required.

Yeah pretty much this. There's kind of a different biting point for each one of the four or five things you've got to drill through so I used to find the right pressure for one, wait until I was through, then back off for a second and start on the next to try to find the biting point for that one. Got through it reasonably quickly the second time I was doing it. I don't think it matters how long you take though as the cops are always outside waiting as far as I know.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

I read the instructions wrong the first time and I held the analogue stick up the whole time and slowly pressing RT. The second time round I done it fairly quickly once I knew what to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭finglashoop

Are there plans for more heists?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,068 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Doing that EMP Delivery heist setup with a load of randomers with no mics can't be good for the nerves.

One eejit tried to leave the compound on foot at the end of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Doing that EMP Delivery heist setup with a load of randomers with no mics can't be good for the nerves.

One eejit tried to leave the compound on foot at the end of it.

Try doing the one where we've to break in and get a 2nd insurgent...one guy just drove straight through the main entrance and steam rolled the two soldiers :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Max Mafioso

I have yet to complete the Prison Break heist that I started last week as the leader, I did complete it as part of a crew last night after 4 or 5 tries.
    I'm not naming any names or pointing any fingers but someone kept getting the plane destroyed. Even had the jet fly into the back of it.
    Although to be honest, I dont mind failing because the fun is actually coming from that, we had a good laugh about it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

I have yet to complete the Prison Break heist that I started last week as the leader, I did complete it as part of a crew last night after 4 or 5 tries.
    I'm not naming any names or pointing any fingers but someone kept getting the plane destroyed. Even had the jet fly into the back of it.
    Although to be honest, I dont mind failing because the fun is actually coming from that, we had a good laugh about it :D

Max, you are always telling tales! And it was 2 Retries!

I will help you finish off your Prison Break...On one condition.
    I FLY.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Max Mafioso

Mr Freeze wrote: »
    Max, you are always telling tales! And it was 2 Retries!

I will help you finish off your Prison Break...On one condition.
    I FLY.

I dont know, your flying last night was very shoddy, I did a better job on my first go and never got hit by the jets or their rockets
    Not to mention that when we tried to steal the plane you drove it into the parked cars and one of our crew members

Advertisement