Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best and worst soap recasts

Options
  • 04-03-2015 4:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,534 ✭✭✭

Watched a bit of Home and Away the other day and the new VJ is the worst soap recast ever I think. The character has gone from being an average teen to adult with the recasting of the role. I like the recasting of Holly in Hollyoaks now. She looks the right age for her character. So who gets your vote?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 85,125 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I liked Kim Medcalf as Sam Mitchell over Danniella Westbrook in Eastenders

Also the second actor who played Dex on H&A until he left with April was much better

• Registered Users Posts: 7,534 ✭✭✭KKkitty

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I liked Kim Medcalf as Sam Mitchell over Danniella Westbrook in Eastenders

Also the second actor who played Dex on H&A until he left with April was much better

+1 to both. Found I could warm to Sam Mitchell when Kim was playing her.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

I think Eden Taylor-Draper taking over the role of Belle Dingle in Emmerdale is one of the best re-casts in soap and Harry Reid as the latest Ben Mitchell in Eastenders seems to be working out well...

Think Ben Price taking over the role of Nick Tilsley in Corrie might be the worst - not only does the actor look nothing like the previous one, but the character got an entire personality transplant to boot...

• Registered Users Posts: 16,293 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Worst has to be Neil in Fair City, he lost at least 6 inches in height and looked 10 years younger.

I think the new Ben in EE was a good choice.

Worst has to be Neil in Fair City, he lost at least 6 inches in height and looked 10 years younger.

I think the new Ben in EE was a good choice.

I like the new Ben too. Hope they're finished with recasting him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,761 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

Can we talk about the fact that Peter Barlow started out blond and Blue eyed and when he hit 30 he turned olive skinned with black hair?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭MelanieC

KKkitty wrote: »
    I like the new Ben too. Hope they're finished with recasting him.

The new Lauren & Peter were good too. I don't like the new Martin Fowler. I know he hasn't featured that much yet but any scene I have seen him in I just can't take to him!

MelanieC wrote: »
    The new Lauren & Peter were good too. I don't like the new Martin Fowler. I know he hasn't featured that much yet but any scene I have seen him in I just can't take to him!

If the original actor is not available I know it could be a nightmare for the crew of a soap but at least try get someone who looks somewhat similar.

I think Eden Taylor-Draper taking over the role of Belle Dingle in Emmerdale is one of the best re-casts in soap and Harry Reid as the latest Ben Mitchell in Eastenders seems to be working out well...

Think Ben Price taking over the role of Nick Tilsley in Corrie might be the worst - not only does the actor look nothing like the previous one, but the character got an entire personality transplant to boot...

Plus Ben Price (Nick) looks the same age as Gail

Plus Ben Price (Nick) looks the same age as Gail

There's about 7 years between Gail and Audrey in real life. What age is Nick meant to be in Coronation Street?

• Advertisement

KKkitty wrote: »
    There's about 7 years between Gail and Audrey in real life. What age is Nick meant to be in Coronation Street?

Around same age at Maria and Leanne his past loves so late 20s/early 30s

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭MistyCheese

Nick turned 35 on New Years Eve.

Ben Price, who plays him, turned 43 on New Years Day.

Nick turned 35 on New Years Eve.

Ben Price, who plays him, turned 43 on New Years Day.

Ben Price is 7 years older than Adam Rickitt who played Nick previously.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Roosterreid

Danny Dyer in anything!!

Danny Dyer in anything!!

I like him in EastEnders. Could not and wouldn't like to see anyone else play Mick Carter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭Dom Phil Cobe

Worst Farrah Phelan #4

I like the new Shabnam.

I like the new Shabnam.

The actress playing her is great.

I didn't even remember another Belle Dingle :o

I didn't even remember another Belle Dingle :o

It's been a good 10 years since they switched...

• Advertisement

Louise in FC went to Australia a regular working class girl with an inner-city Dublin accent & came back a total D4 head!

Louise in FC went to Australia a regular working class girl with an inner-city Dublin accent & came back a total D4 head!

I definitely prefer the new Louise though...

I definitely prefer the new Louise though...

Do you? She gets on my nerves,she only seems to have the one sour expression on her all the time. Still,she inexplicably hasn't been seen in Carrigstown for ages now so that's good! (For me,not for you!)

The recast of Yvonne Doyle in FC worked very well as Ciara is great

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 146 ✭✭LiamNeeson

The actor who plays VJ was born in 1992 and he plays a character who was born in 2001, I was born in 1992 myself and I actually remember the character being born.

Lauren Branning or the previous Ben Mitchell a couple of years ago were good recasts.

The new Neil V2 in FC is awful

• Registered Users Posts: 1,948 ✭✭✭Radio5

Bethany Platt in Corrie. She looks older than her mother and uncle David.

I know they had to recast her as older than when she left for Italy but it's ridiculous.

Radio5 wrote: »
    Bethany Platt in Corrie. She looks older than her mother and uncle David.

I know they had to recast her as older than when she left for Italy but it's ridiculous.

In fairness Tina O Brien has hardly aged since she was a teen. There's a 12 year age gap between both Sarah and Bethany in real life. There's only 7 years between Audrey and Gail in real life too.

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭NicoleW85

I miss Karl Davies as Robert Sugden in Emmerdale, but Ryan Hawley is doing a good job! Not a bad resemblance, considering the 5 year absence of the character :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭Cortina_MK_IV

Bethany (Corrie) grew up in Italy? There must be an International school in Milan that teaches the subjects in Mancunian. You'd think she'd be talking like Frankie Dettori or Gino Di Campo.

Advertisement