Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

need more energy advice?

Options
  • 04-03-2015 2:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭

Hello, im a 24 year old woman but lately I'm feeling so run down and tired after everything just wanting to sleep. I have tried drinking coffee in the morning for a lift but doesn't really help, I smoke too about 5 cigs a day I know I should stop but I enjoy it.

I know it's not anything to do with my daughter not sleeping as she stays in her own room now sleeps through the night, I just wish I was more energetic

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

What's your average food intake look like and amount of sleep?
    Stress levels?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭ford2600

Are you getting 8 or so good hours sleep?
    Bed is for sleep and sex, not for tv, playing with phone etc etc
    http://www.aclai.ie/blog/3663/sleep-part-1/

Stress levels? High stress rarely equals good sleep.

Diet? Plenty protein, essential fats, vitamins minerals etc
    Water do you drink much?

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭hagoonabear

sleeping from 11pm to 8am, don't really drink water, I eat maybe a small bowl of spaghetti most days other days I will be busy and forget to eat, don't eat breakfast , weigh about 8 stone, not really stressed apart from days where I realise I can't get a job

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

If you're not eating or drinking, op, that's your problem...
    Eat something that isn't just carbs when you do. Eggs fish meat veg

Thanks , I suppose I have cut down on food big time , it's because I worry too much about making sure my family eat before I do , can you give a meal list . would eggs in the morning be ok , etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,536 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Unless you're really small, 8 stone sounds way too light. Eat more food, not less.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,584 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Thanks , I suppose I have cut down on food big time , it's because I worry too much about making sure my family eat before I do , can you give a meal list . would eggs in the morning be ok , etc

If you're making food for another adult, make something you'll both have and make enough for at least 2.

im 5'3 I suppose I really should really start taking care of myself , and start including water everyday , thanks for the advice .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭househero

Unless you're really small, 8 stone sounds way too light. Eat more food, not less.

8 stone is fine for a healthy woman of her height. If she is stressed, prob best not to worry anybody.

Eating healthily and exercise may help you cope, sleep better and feel like you have more energy. You have to eat everyday. if you cant, go see the doc.

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭easygoing1982

househero wrote: »
    8 stone is fine for a healthy woman of her height. If she is stressed, prob best not to worry anybody.

Eating healthily and exercise may help you cope, sleep better and feel like you have more energy. You have to eat everyday. if you cant, go see the doc.

i would be the same when i get into a cycle. Taking into consideration that you haven't mentioned anything about feeling low or anything i.e being depressed then give yourself a good talking to and go for a good walk. The hardest thing about walking is getting out there and doing it. Once you're out there you'll want to stay out

• Advertisement

Just wanted to update this thread, I have improved greatly by eating healthily, taking vitamin supplements everyday, still smoke but cut down and I am much more fitter than I was

• Registered Users Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭power pants

if you are able to give up the smokes, you will have more money to buy food

always amazes me how unemployed people spend their money on these , then complain about having little money :confused:

I'm a stay at home mother, not unemployed partner works...

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

power pants, your comments are unhelpful and inappropriate here.

Advertisement