Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hair cut issue

Options
  • 03-03-2015 10:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭

Hey guys, recently starting balding and it's moving a a fairly rapid rate, I'm not quite ready for the buzz cut so I've being doing some research into alternate styles.

http://blogs.independent.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/1506711531.jpg

Unfortunately the above is the best look for me at the moment, how can I get that cut but also avoid bringing that picture into my barber.

Thank you

Comments

• Administrators Posts: 53,562 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Ask for a side parting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,730 ✭✭✭Sheep Lover

Shear a cat and glue the fur to your head. No one will know difference

• Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭the nikkei is rising

Short back and sides.

It's more than that though,there's a slight fade and it blends will with his beard. Need the right terminology or else I'll have to bring the picture

• Registered Users Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

You couldn't find a picture of anyone else to post?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,628 ✭✭✭Señor Fancy Pants

Chucken wrote: »

Schure that's not the AH way! :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭The Peanut

It's more than that though,there's a slight fade and it blends will with his beard. Need the right terminology or else I'll have to bring the picture

Bring the picture. As long as you're not getting your hair cut in Oslo, the average barber won't be too bothered.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,730 ✭✭✭Sheep Lover

Chucken wrote: »

He does look well though, decent barber I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

Tell him to give you a free Charles Manson swastika with the goovy new haircut. Bring your own Bowie knife and you might get money off and a free trip to the police station.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

Say what you want about him. He's some ride.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 450 ✭✭IamNotNumber

comb over for sure ..sure you hardly wouldn't notice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭moc moc a moc

Edit: ^^ ah ye bollix

A good combover never goes out of style

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,628 ✭✭✭Señor Fancy Pants

Say what you want about him. He's some ride.

I hear he gave a few bangs with his finger alright.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭DoYouEvenLift

Just put a black bar over his eyes and bring the photo with you lol

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

A good combover never goes out of style

...and leaves you with a good chance of a FF seat in the next Dail.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭kwestfan08

I guess it's a case of how much you want that haircut OP. Either bring the pic and take that comes with that or try describe it as best you can and maybe walk out with something different. Choices Choices.

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭Puibo

Chucken wrote:

Yeah totally agree. Imagine the hairdressers face......"so, you want to look like a child killer then eh?"

• Registered Users Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Hahahaha ****s sake gas thread op :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭Dontfadeaway

Blur the face.

The Peanut wrote: »
    Bring the picture. As long as you're not getting your hair cut in Oslo, the average barber won't be too bothered.

Barbers have periods every day where they have no clients and nothing to do but read the complementary newspapers. There's a good chance they'll know who it is, then the gossip spreads and Chinese whispers turns me into that child killer fella

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,389 ✭✭✭NachoBusiness

Fcuk that..

Bill Murray, Jack Nicholson, Bill Belushi etc etc are all men that when they started to recede, said fcuk it and kept some length in their locks. Shaving your head or cutting it really tight is just conforming man.. fcuk that sh1t. I'm not saying go full Bill Baily, if you're slap head on top, you have to Picard the fcuker, no option, but otherwise, be a bit more devil may care.. otherwise you could lose your character. Just imagine Bill Murray with a shaved head ffs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭pmasterson95

Barbers have periods every day where they have no clients and nothing to do but read the complementary newspapers. There's a good chance they'll know who it is, then the gossip spreads and Chinese whispers turns me into that child killer fella
    I dont thing anyone would mistake you for Breivik

Fcuk that..

Bill Murray, Jack Nicholson, Bill Belushi etc etc are all men that when they started to recede, said fcuk it and kept some length in their locks. Shaving your head or cutting it really tight is just conforming man.. fcuk that sh1t. I'm not saying go full Bill Baily, if you're slap head on top, you have to Picard the fcuker, but otherwise, be a bit more devil may care.. otherwise you cut lose your character. Just imagine Bill Murray with a shaved head ffs.

All talented men but I'm 23 so probably best not to aim to look like Bill Murray

• Closed Accounts Posts: 450 ✭✭IamNotNumber

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

Unless he appeared on Wish You Were Here...? with Judith Chalmers, no barber on earth would have a clue who he is.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭Lingua Franca

Are you going to have the chinstrap beard to go with it? Cos Breivek did for that what Hitler did to the toothbrush moustache.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭The Peanut

You're right of course. Explaining to the barber that you want your haircut similar to a man in a photo who looks nothing like you will lead him to mistake you for the man in the picture who's locked up in another country.

He's a barber not a plastic surgeon.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭BlaasForRafa

Just ask him to give you the full Bobby Charlton look.

Are you going to have the chinstrap beard to go with it? Cos Breivek did for that what Hitler did to the toothbrush moustache.

I'll probably grow it all the way out, I think the beard/bald look works good. I don't want to look like Breivik I just want his haircut.

I think I'll go for the bushy look myself, I got shafted totally hair genetics wise and I'm going grey as well. Try to picture the Breivik haircut with something along the lines of this

http://wwwcdn.channel5.com/assets/images/000/057/669/large_size_18751.jpg?1397062897

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,744 ✭✭✭diomed

• Advertisement

diomed wrote: »

Personally I don't care but going bald is a very touchy issue for some men, probably best not to make jokes until you know

Advertisement