Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ireland wide DNS resolution issues

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 6,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭Irish Steve

Nick,

Understood, the reason I mentioned changing back as an option was that the thread in Mozilla support commented that in some cases, ISP's DNS would be providing local information in some cases that was not served by companies like Google, so if changes to use Google DNS were made to avoid the problems with this issue, it could result in some content not being served correctly.

I have to admit that some of the discussion went over my head a little, but the comment about reverting did stick, so I thought it worth a mention here.

The patch has clearly been releases pretty rapidly, when I was last on line with the Mozilla site, they were not sure how quickly it would be released, they were sugggesting it might be some days before it came out, my version has just shown me and downloaded it, which is sooner than I was expecting based on the comments made.

Thanks for clarifying the issue, and for jumping in to the thread earlier, it's helped to clear up some of the issues, probably for a number of people.

Best regards

Shore, if it was easy, everybody would be doin it.😁

Advertisement