Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Finnish punk band with learning difficulties are off to Eurovision.

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭Shrap

Is this competition not supposed to be run On musical merit and not Sympathy ?

Don't think that's been the case for at least 10 years. "Sympathy for your neighbour" appears to be the deciding factor. And "Up your's to the establishment". Besides, there's very little musical merit to most of the songs (to my mind). Going on musical merit alone, this one wins my vote if the rest are as rubbish as usual :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭Tonyandthewhale

It's not a bad aul tune as punk songs go. Definitely good enough to be an opening act at a pub gig or small independent festival. An awful lot more than I can say for most eurovision acts who seem to be just pretty faces and pretty voices churning out the most inoffensive music imaginable. At least these guys seem to have a genuine interest in music and (presumably) wrote their own songs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,436 ✭✭✭c_man

Shrap wrote: »
    I'd consider a vote for them to be one in the eye for "the establishment"

I'm sure the earnings from the text and phone call votes will more than help The Man get over it.

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭BetterThanThou

Not a bad song, I'm a sucker for a bit of angry music in a European language. Only complaint is that it's a bit short.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

They're ****e as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,532 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

To be fair, Lordi are awesome

To be fair, Lordi are awesome awful

FYP ;) Although I gave a cheer to see a metal band winning it. Punk next, FTW!!

FYP ;) Although I gave a cheer to see a metal band winning it. Punk next, FTW!!

"On the day of rockening it's who dares wins"

"On the day of rockening it's who dares wins"

Rock Hallelujah! Yeah ok. I take it back. They weren't awful and they kicked ass! Their costumes were awful though.

• Advertisement

I can just imagine a little old woman sitting in front of the TV watching her soaps and deciding to flick over the the Eurovision. Instead of seeing some eastern european pop artist prancing around flamboyantly, she sees a band of monsters with electric guitars, with ridiculous pyrotechnics at the back and a slightly bigger monster with wings at the front, holding an axe, growling into the microphone while wearing a tiny little Finland hat.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭Bipolar Joe

I have a bunch of their records. They're awesome, and recommended if you like old style U.S punk, like Black Flag or whatever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

Eurovision is about novelty, not talent. It's just throw away TV to enjoy with too much booze and junk food.:D

I have a bunch of their records. They're awesome, and recommended if you like old style U.S punk, like Black Flag or whatever.

They're deadly. First time hearing them today, but I'd have said more old school UK punk like Crass, Flux and Zounds, with touches of Conflict! Bit less hardcore than Black Flag or NoMeansNo, less straight edge than Fugazi or Alice Donut. Honestly think they're more frenetic 3 chords and the proper punk attitude of the UK style than US, no?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭Paramite Pie

Links234 wrote: »
    Ah now that wouldn't be fair, they'd win every year and then the whole thing would be called off because what's the point any more?

Don't worry, they go through so many vocalists that there'll be enough rejected Nightwish singers for every Entry soon enough. It'd even things out.

Advertisement