Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheltenham betting strategies

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

The jock wrote: »
    The first day is the best day of the festival for betting. If you don't get any winners on the first day it will get harder and harder. There's more big field handicap races on the last two days. The Friday has 3 handicap races and a hunters chase. Not a good day to be chasing it. You need to have a great Tuesday and a decent Wednesday to have any chance of coming out with a good profit. You might think this is stupid but the placepot is the best bet on every day. Yeah I have my multiples and large single bets but I find the placepot very profitable. Low risk, high reward. I got one up 4 years back, 3,500 for 1 euro stake. Got 2 up last year but didn't pay as well haha.

Right so! Who are we going for on the Tuesday:)

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Gavster1982

I usually just follow Ruby Walsh and Willie Mullins.....

this year Ive a few in mind...Carlingford Lough to give AP a final GC win. And whoever he has in the Grand Annual...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 573 ✭✭✭The jock

Chesty08 wrote: »
    Right so! Who are we going for on the Tuesday:)

Of the Mullins 4 favourites I think Un De Sceaux and Douvan will win. I think Faugheen is a real good horse but I get the feeling he'll come up just short. Jezki will be bang there again. The New One was very unlucky and should of won last year. I'd be with the new one in the Champion Hurdle at the prices. I'd rather back Glens Melody w/o Annie Power than back Annie Power.

It will be a better price than backing Annie Power to win. It will be ridden prominently and it will try and take a few lengths out of the field just like last year. It was just caught on the line by Quevega last year. It will get first run on everything. I'd rather back that knowing it will be in front than back Annie Power to run it down late on.

I couldn't have Pendra in the Festival Chase. Been loads of money for it and its favourite now. This horse has never won over 3 miles. You need a horse that stays much further to win this race. All the stats point to Ned Stark but at the prices I like Clondaw Knight 25/1. Very Wood is my bet of the week in the 4 miler. I posted it up on my tipping page about 6 weeks back at 25/1. It's 4/1 now and it will get a lot shorter once Don Poli is confirmed for the RSA. He won the Albert Bartlett at the festival last year and I think theres nothing as good as him in the race. The Young Master is the only one that I think could beat him but he's most likely to run in the RSA also.

Advertisement