Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread 3.0

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Was anyone successful in picking up Devil May Cry yet? Nowhere in Dublin has it in stock yet apparently :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Anyone here ever have difficulty trying to read the Uplay terms of service for personal data use? I was trying to read them but they've been loading for ages.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

Can anyone answer this quick question? Cannot find a solid answer anywhere. My brother finally bought his own ps4 and has already started buying games digitally

It seems that a primary account on a given ps4 allows access to those games they downloaded to sub accounts, including mine. Is this illegal?? Seems too good to be true.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Can anyone answer this quick question? Cannot find a solid answer anywhere. My brother finally bought his own ps4 and has already started buying games digitally

It seems that a primary account on a given ps4 allows access to those games they downloaded to sub accounts, including mine. Is this illegal?? Seems too good to be true.

Yes that's how it's designed to work, same as MS's policy on Xbone. It also works for PS+ subs, once the primary account has it the sub accounts on the same console also benefit with the free content, discounts and online play. It's the same as buying a game in a shop and giving it to your friends for a lend type of thing but digitally. They way they see it only one person can use the game at a time anyway.

Except if you happen to have a split screen co-op game like Advanced Warfare, it gets even better as both can play online at the same time on one copy.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,825 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

cloud493 wrote: »
    Was anyone successful in picking up Devil May Cry yet? Nowhere in Dublin has it in stock yet apparently :mad:

Tuesday is usually only for big releases to tie in with the US release date. DMC isn't that big so I'd say it will be the traditional friday launch.

• Advertisement

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Tuesday is usually only for big releases to tie in with the US release date. DMC isn't that big so I'd say it will be the traditional friday launch.

It's listed as March 10th for the US and EU. But alas most of the time when it comes to games we are lumped in with the UK rather than the EU. But in saying that UK sites are saying it's on the shelves and Amazon are shipping it since yesterday.

Got it in symths there, GameStop is seemingly unaware its a thing.

Uncharted has been delayed to Spring 2016 :(

Great, I've too much to try and get through this year anyway. MGS5 coming out in September will keep me going until Uncharted 4 hits.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Not too concerned about this as it will be a better game with the extra few months love and care. Christmas period is always choc a bloc with 3rd party games so we'll have plenty to play with then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

What are you sad about? This can only mean one thing.

Naughty Dog have moved out of the way to make room for The Last Guardian in November! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭padair

tok9 wrote: »
    What are you sad about? This can only mean one thing.

Naughty Dog have moved out of the way to make room for The Last Guardian in November! :pac:

Your wrong. I heard that they are in colabration with valve making the new halflife

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

So I can get Yakuza 0 on my Asia PSN account, but it says Japanese version. No chance it has English subs?

JIk3cGD.png

Just a quote from the Edge "Verdict" on Bloodborne which has me reassured.. not that I really needed to be.
    If you thought From Software was going soft, Hidetaka Miyazaki is about to put you brutally back in your place. And if you've been watching this generation from the sidelines, unmoved by the remasters and rush jobs while you wait for the first true essential to arrive, now's the time. As if there was ever any doubt, Miyazaki and his team have done it all over again.

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Next Gen Gamer

My TV screen blinks intermittently when playing fifa. It's driving me insane. It doesn't happen on the menu screen just in game and only in fifa. Any ideas what may be causing it?

As suspected Playstation 4 gamers will finally get to play the Titanfall IP. Titanfall 2 is confirmed as multi platform. Even though I have an Xbone I never bought it but looking forward to a more refined sequel of it on PS4 whenever it's released.

My TV screen blinks intermittently when playing fifa. It's driving me insane. It doesn't happen on the menu screen just in game and only in fifa. Any ideas what may be causing it?

Need more info about your TV. What model and make and what settings you have it at. Like 1080i/p, 720p, it's refresh rate 50/60/120Hz.

Need more info about your TV. What model and make and what settings you have it at. Like 1080i/p, 720p, it's refresh rate 50/60/120Hz.

To be honest I don't know much about the specs. It's a Samsung plasma that's about 8 years old. It's never given any trouble up to now. But as I say it's only with fifa it happens.

Just guessing the issue by the age of the TV it sounds like something to do with the refresh rate and or the response time of the TV causing the flickering. Different games put different demands on a TV and the fact that the menue is ok and it's just the action causing it. Check your console output settings, it will tell you if the TV will support them or not.

• Advertisement

Just guessing the issue by the age of the TV it sounds like something to do with the refresh rate and or the response time of the TV causing the flickering. Different games put different demands on a TV and the fact that the menue is ok and it's just the action causing it. Check your console output settings, it will tell you if the TV will support them or not.
    I will do. I think you're right though I had a feeling along those lines too. Might be time to go cap in hand for a new TV ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭mickstupp

Shocking graphics comparison vid, between Alpha and Retail versions of Bloodborne. Very disappointing: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yn6-pxyjlWg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

mickstupp wrote: »
    Shocking graphics comparison vid, between Alpha and Retail versions of Bloodborne. Very disappointing: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yn6-pxyjlWg

I dont see any differences.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,017 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

irishmover wrote: »
    I dont see any differences.

Its a fake comparison video

Its a fake comparison video

Always someone who has the ruin it ;)

I really need to get hold of Nightmare Creatures again. So many good memories with that game.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,825 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

irishmover wrote: »
    I really need to get hold of Nightmare Creatures again. So many good memories with that game.

Time has not been kind to that game.

Blood borne review embargo is up at 7PM PST. So thats 2am for us I think.

Really? That seems like a really odd time. Won't the game have been out for a few hours by then?

• Advertisement

tok9 wrote: »
    Really? That seems like a really odd time. Won't the game have been out for a few hours by then?

Well if its 7PM US time, the game isn't out till Tuesday, so I guess it makes sense.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement