Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A Bullet for the General

Options
  • 28-02-2015 8:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭

http://www.rte.ie/radio1/doconone/2012/0104/646914-radio-documentary-major-general-hugh-tudor-black-and-tans-newfoundland-ireland/

Just listened to this 2012 RTE documentary for possibly the third time and to describe it as a train wreck would be more than generous. To turn what could be a seriously interesting subject for a documentary into a complete farce takes some doing. It should be used to give masterclasses in how not to approach the making of radio documentaries. Anybody else got an opinion?

A mixture of fact, fiction and bs....I just can't get my head round it and it's the type of history that I'm interested in. :(

Advertisement