Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

40km a day commute crazy/do-able?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Greengearz

So I cycled in Saturday morning and I cycled back tonight. Didn't do back yesterday because winds were getting ghale-like and my dad was having a fit at the thought of me cycling in ti! Didn't cycle this morning as that would involved leaving at 6, but in the future I hope to get motivated to leave that early.

Cycle on Sat morning went well, I calculated it's actually been over a month since I've been on a good cycle so .

Cycle this evening, My legs, i dont know, they were having none of it! I couldnt get any decent speed/pace as they were just unbelieveabile, but I got there, although about 20/30mins longer then last time
    (I did stop for about 10 minutes to give them a rest)

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Greengearz

So I cycled in Saturday morning and I cycled back tonight. Didn't do back yesterday because winds were getting ghale-like and my dad was having a fit at the thought of me cycling in ti! Didn't cycle this morning as that would involved leaving at 6, but in the future I hope to get motivated to leave that early.

Cycle on Sat morning went well, I calculated it's actually been over a month since I've been on a good cycle so I was happy with how it went for the most part, some annoying hills but no one likes those!. It took me just over the hour to do 20km.

Cycle this evening, My legs, i don't know, they were having none of it! I couldn't get any decent speed/pace as they were just unbelievable, but I got there, I kinda stopped pushing too much and went the "slow+ steady" way although it took about 20/30mins longer then last time (sat morning)
    (I did stop for about 10 minutes to give them a rest) need to get everything organized in advance though as bringing a backpack with work clothes etc is a nuisance. and Must get proper cycling shoes or at least thicker socks as my poor feet were so cold/wet/sore when I got home lol (got a good few showers of hail on way back)

Overall I'm happy with how it went, I cant wait to improve a whole pile though. Its amazing how much "cycling fitness" you lose quite quickly when not out a lot. Even though I'm very active, my heart/breathing rate was grand the whole time, my legs need work!

Advertisement