Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kuurne-Bruxelles-Kuurne (1st March) *Contains Unmasked Spoilers*

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭dewindygap

Make de calculaysion :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,338 ✭✭✭Lusk_Doyle

dewindygap wrote: »
    Make de calculaysion :rolleyes:

Oh right, cos he's not Irish. What was I thinking?!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,606 ✭✭✭MPFG

Magnus Backstedt is good as is Brian Smith...they do know there stuff but I prefer to listen to Kelly becasue I prefer his voice to theirs and he is just as good if not better on tactics,etc

Its a matter of aesthetics ;)

What happened to Declan Quickley ...has he got the elbow ??

• Registered Users Posts: 13,305 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

MPFG wrote: »

He commentated for Eurosport on Matthais Brandles's hour record attempt back in September. He's probably still part of the Eurosport commentary team, but behind Carlton Kirby, Rob Hatch and Matt Stevens in the pecking order.

Rob Hatch has tweeted that he will be commentating on the Strade Bianche on Saturday. And then Paris-Nice on Sunday with Kelly.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭dewindygap

Apologies if any offence taken, Lusk Doyle, 'twas meant with tongue in cheek. To be honest, each to their own. I'm just happy to watch any cycling coverage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭lennymc

Apologies if any offence taken, Lusk Doyle,

You should never apologise for offending lusk doyle. If anything, you should be applauded for offending lusk doyle.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,329 ✭✭✭death1234567

MPFG wrote: »
    No harm if he has. His voice isn't suited to commentary IMO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,606 ✭✭✭MPFG

lennymc wrote: »
    You should never apologise for offending lusk doyle. If anything, you should be applauded for offending lusk doyle.

Yes...its a matter of good taste to offend Lusk Doyle ...everyone should have this skill as part of their repatoire

No harm if he has. His voice isn't suited to commentary IMO.

I like him better than Hatch ........

• Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭manwithaplan

I refuse to applaud anything so easily done. Lusk_Doyle scans every word to find anything that might be fodder for offence, carefully draws you out into compounding the offence and then ties himself to the stake and hands you the matches. See earlier in this thread for details.

I'm with him on Magnus over Kelly though.

Apologies if any offence taken, Lusk Doyle, 'twas meant with tongue in cheek. To be honest, each to their own. I'm just happy to watch any cycling coverage.

No, none taken. My response was meant with the same tongue in cheek as yours.

• Advertisement

You can go and ****e!

Edit: I'm insulted by the lack of capital letters for my name!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Junior

Eurosport have taken to doing more with less as far as the commentary has gone, since Harmon left they've tried to reduce their overheads by spreading bigger events amongst cheaper contractors. They had a bit of a spat with Kelly over him coming home to do the Sean Kelly Tour as it clashed with the start of the Vuelta, so I don't think they are trying to give us more commentators, just using each of them to lower their costs.

Also I can't stand Matt Stephens, I'd rather listen to Kirby. And that's saying a lot.

Advertisement