Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Friday

Options
  • 27-02-2015 6:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭

Scoppio del carro 3-10 Doncaster must go close today

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Shemale

I like the look of Hellorboston in 3.35 Newb 5/1, he won well enough by 6L 8 days ago and still has that mark. He is stepping up which should suit he saw his win out well and was competitve in his point to points. Cheekpieces on again as they worked last time and his best form under rules seems to be with pieces.

Only worry is the trainer!!

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭shamdrog63

I see Charlie Longston,s booked Davy Russell for 2 @ Doncaster.Might be worth an e/w double.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

Dundalk time again wohoo. So 2 weeks ago got 4 winners last week 2 places and if that was not bad enough tom stormed home at 20/1 after me slagging him off!!!!! So below find the 8 horses I plan on jinxing.

17.35 Strategic Heights 3/1
    18.05 Maronella 5/2
    18.35Cutting Corners 12/1
    19.05 Tomorrow Morning 8/1
    19.35 Balmount Flyer 6/1
    20.05 Gold Tantrum 9/1
    20.35 Virile 4/1
    21.05 Saga Diamonds 13/2

a .50 cent each way eightfold returns about €3225767.77. Gonna be a great weekend:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

3:35 Newbury - Bandit Country, thrown into a handicap chase off his hurdles mark, and his bumper form suggests he's much better than a 118 rated horse.

4:10 Newbury - Vif Argent, running off 2lb lower than when he won back in May at FfFos Las.

might throw in Davey's two for a L15

• Registered Users Posts: 16,406 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

racso1975 wrote: »
    Dundalk time again wohoo. So 2 weeks ago got 4 winners last week 2 places and if that was not bad enough tom stormed home at 20/1 after me slagging him off!!!!! So below find the 8 horses I plan on jinxing.

18.05 Maronella 5/2
    19.35 Balmount Flyer 6/1
    20.05 Gold Tantrum 9/1
    20.35 Virile 4/1
    21.05 Saga Diamonds 13/2

a .50 cent each way eightfold returns about €3225767.77. Gonna be a great weekend:D
    Good luck, but you do realise that bookies have a max payout? For the larger firms, the most they will ever payout is €1M - so you've basically given the bookie a free 36 cent :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭Chijj

Outsider of the day: one cool boy ew first at Doncaster

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭ancapallliath

my selections today

Dundalk 5.35 Strategic Heights - high enough mark is the worry but I think should go in tonight

Dundalk 9.05 Eye Of The Tiger - must go close with daughter jocked off and Ross onboard tonight

Lingfield 2.20 Birkdale Boy - i backed this lto as headgear was applied again. stays on today and is unexposed. big price for proven in conditions

Lingfield 3.25 The Green Ogre - this is very interesting returning from jumps. Tony Carroll has been in great form but I think this one could go very well and looks more suited by todays trip than the fav who ran over cd lto

Newbury 2.30 Royal Vacation - of much interest now stepped up in trip. 6th in chelt bumper but disappointed in last bumper run. showed much better promise lto on hurdles debut (6th has won since). gets weight from the fav here today and looks great chance

Doncaster 2.10 Nefyn Bay - attempting 4 timer today, returned quickly under a penalty. claimer who won 2 starts ago rides again today. still looks progressive and ahead of the handicapper.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Peintre Celebre

Ended up taking a chance on General Bunching 7.35 Dundalk. Not sure this is the most competitive of races, would quite fancy Habesh if this was over 12 furlongs. Had a bit of 16/1 and a miniscule amount at 20/1. Fav is very strong but is opposable, two wins from 33 starts on the flat, he was just denied last time but got 4 lbs for it. At 5/2 he looks plenty short

Ended up taking a chance on General Bunching 7.35 Dundalk. Not sure this is the most competitive of races, would quite fancy Habesh if this was over 12 furlongs. Had a bit of 16/1 and a miniscule amount at 20/1. Fav is very strong but is opposable, two wins from 33 starts on the flat, he was just denied last time but got 4 lbs for it. At 5/2 he looks plenty short

if Cristy's Call runs like he did the last night, he will take some beating. Poker Gold was hammered in the market on return from break time before and came on from that the last night. Asian Gold is a horse who has had loads of problems but was fancied the last night.
    in saying that, i find it hard to back hold up horses with much confidence at dundalk

• Registered Users Posts: 16,406 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Dundalk 9.05 Eye Of The Tiger - must go close with daughter jocked off and Ross onboard tonight
    Agreed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭superfurry1

shamdrog63 wrote: »
    I see Charlie Longston,s booked Davy Russell for 2 @ Doncaster.Might be worth an e/w double.

Thats for 2moro though?

Think just the one bet for me bumper at newbury geraghty rides for johnny farrelly only ride seeing little bits of money.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭BQQ

Geraghty gone over early to ride one for johnny farrelly in the bumper at Newbury too. Only ride of the day.

Could be a decent race though.

EDIT: Looks like Aidan Coleman is riding the two at Doncaster instead of Davy

• Registered Users Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

BQQ wrote: »
    Geraghty gone over early to ride one for johnny farrelly in the bumper at Newbury too. Only ride of the day.

Could be a decent race though.

Looks a very interesting bumper.

Katie Too is a full sister to The Pirates Queen.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭HarshOstrich

So you are backing a horse blindly based on a jockey, it's not to dissimilar to what you pulled me up on yesterday( backing a horse based on name)
    I never got around to replying but here it go's my attention was drawn to the horse (Gerard's slip)because of its name, then I saw it's trainer and owners who are very respectable and it's pedigree which led me to taking a very small chance on him as you can always forgive a horse running badly first time out .
    I know in the OP it just said I backed it because of name but if it was trained by an unknown I wouldn't of backed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

2.00 Newbury - Nefyn Bay - completed a hat-trick on Tuesday. Was nearly brought down, losing multiple lengths. Impressive winner and still well treated. 11/8

3.00 Newbury - Village Vic - with Cody Wyoming now out of the race I fancy the well handicapped Village Vic to come out on top in what looks an open contest. I backed him last night before Cody being pulled.

4.10 Newbury - Be Bop Boru - Reliable sort and hoping Dickie Johnson can fire in a double today!

4.00 Lingfield - Squats - Backed him last night at 3/1 and see he is now 11/8 - so plenty of money for the Moore / Haggas combo

So you are backing a horse blindly based on a jockey, it's not to dissimilar to what you pulled me up on yesterday( backing a horse based on name)
    I never got around to replying but here it go's my attention was drawn to the horse (Gerard's slip)because of its name, then I saw it's trainer and owners who are very respectable and it's pedigree which led me to taking a very small chance on him as you can always forgive a horse running badly first time out .
    I know in the OP it just said I backed it because of name but if it was trained by an unknown I wouldn't of backed it.

The booking of a top jockey is an indicator that the horse is expected to run well, but promenco has good form behind a good mare of Alan Kings called Avispa also.I see Russell,s not now riding Sassanova.I,ve already apologised if I offended you for my earlier post.Poor attempt at humour & wasn,t having a go, I,ll take winner from any source but jockey bookings are something I watch closely.BTW i think Fran Berry who is always worth following at Dundalk will have a short priced double tonight and has 2 e/w shouts as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭HarshOstrich

The booking of a top jockey is an indicator that the horse is expected to run well, but promenco has good form behind a good mare of Alan Kings called Avispa also.I see Russell,s not now riding Sassanova.I,ve already apologised if I offended you for my earlier post.Poor attempt at humour & wasn,t having a go, I,ll take winner from any source but jockey bookings are something I watch closely.BTW i think Fran Berry who is always worth following at Dundalk will have a short priced double tonight and has 2 e/w shouts as well.

I agree with following top jockeys, just the other day I mentioned ryan moore at lingfield to ride 1 horse.
    I never saw fran berry there tonight, will definetly look into it

Last flat season I tried to formulate a system of backing certain jockeys on their next 3 rides after they had run up a certain number of losers(varied for each jockey) and found some success but it needs more work.I found that Graham Lee, James Doyle and Ryan Moore were profitable and Lee in particular maybe due to riding for unfashionable trainers/horses at bigger prices and his occasionally riding doubles and trebles after a baron spell.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Peintre Celebre

Any links for racing lads?

Any links for racing lads?

android app?

www dot mobdro dot com
    install app
    sports tab and generally ATR and RUK there most days

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Shemale

Shemale wrote: »
    I like the look of Hellorboston in 3.35 Newb 5/1, he won well enough by 6L 8 days ago and still has that mark. He is stepping up which should suit he saw his win out well and was competitve in his point to points. Cheekpieces on again as they worked last time and his best form under rules seems to be with pieces.

Only worry is the trainer!!

Gave away about three furlongs wandering right and jumping right, God forbid the jockey would position him inside horses

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭Mocha Joe

3:35 Newbury - Bandit Country, thrown into a handicap chase off his hurdles mark, and his bumper form suggests he's much better than a 118 rated horse.

4:10 Newbury - Vif Argent, running off 2lb lower than when he won back in May at FfFos Las.

Very nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭miss-bored

Two winners!!! Well done!! Had small bets on both

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

racso1975 wrote: »

18.05 Maronella 5/2
    19.35 Balmount Flyer 6/1
    20.05 Gold Tantrum 9/1
    20.35 Virile 4/1
    21.05 Saga Diamonds 13/2

So far so good, i'll buy you a coke if this works out :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭NaiveMelodies

Trade marked in the 8.05 looks reasonably priced for me at 10s.
    Competitive enough race but has run well previously and will hopefully improve for the step up in trip. Nice bits of form that seem to have him well handicapped.
    Hasn't looked the most straightforward so Kevin Manning aboard is a positive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,666 ✭✭✭Howjoe1

All over Shabra in the next.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

So far so good, i'll buy you a coke if this works out :)

Ya big doirty jinx ya!!!!!!!! :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Jon Stark

Smullen for Ted Walsh there @ 12/1. You couldn't make it up. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 35,816 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Crecora 16-1 ew 8.05
    Consistent performer since Sep last year. Two runs here this year will
    be a help. I think it can get off the mark at Dundalk here tonight.

Going strong on outside and eased a tad I think. no money on. Next time

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭hawkhead

Coach Bombay 7/1 in the 8-05. Ran a nice race last time out finishing 3rd behind Pepperpot who ran well enough earlier on the card. Chris Hayes takes over tonight

Advertisement