Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Speed camera vans, cost to run V income generated?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭Grays Sports Almanac

BoatMad wrote: »
    your car goes faster then light - goodness me. ( i know , then you wake up and your actually in bed with your teddy bear )

Only explanation. Flying around the place I am. Still no points.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,702 ✭✭✭✭BoatMad

Only explanation. Flying around the place I am. Still no points.

The suffix " yet" needs to be added.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,798 ✭✭✭goose2005

astrofool wrote: »
    It's not meant to be an earner for the state, the target is around reducing the number of road accidents, not in taking in money.

This bit:
    “Since its introduction in November 2010, the safety camera project has, in a targeted, systematic and transparent way, led to a reduction in fatal collisions and improved speed limit compliance rates in the safety camera zones,” she said.

“For example, in the five years prior to their introduction, approximately 30% of fatal collisions annually were occurring in particular zones.

“In 2014, there was a 50% reduction in fatal collisions in those zones and this was a saving of 29 lives.”
    However, that could just be case of regression to the mean

Advertisement