Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due November 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,686 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

One or two bits of drama in our house over the weekend. Mrs Vagga had to spend a night in the hospital the other day. Our appointment to meet some of the doctors has been brought in a week, to tomorrow. So we should know more about some of the complications and what they mean then.

In other news, we have all the stuff we need if the baby was to come early, in terms of clothes, things to keep baby warm and the various things one needs to bring the baby places. An epic day of shopping later, things are more organised in our house!

Hope everyone is in good form and things are going well :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭ShaShaBear

One or two bits of drama in our house over the weekend. Mrs Vagga had to spend a night in the hospital the other day. Our appointment to meet some of the doctors has been brought in a week, to tomorrow. So we should know more about some of the complications and what they mean then.

In other news, we have all the stuff we need if the baby was to come early, in terms of clothes, things to keep baby warm and the various things one needs to bring the baby places. An epic day of shopping later, things are more organised in our house!

Hope everyone is in good form and things are going well :)

Oh, hopefully she is doing alright! Great that you are prepared though! I have everything bought, but nothing packed. Hilarious how lax I got - think my bloody bag was packed at 20 weeks last time :pac:

I'm 33 weeks today, time for me to pump up the birthing ball and definitely pack these hospital bags (need an overnight bag for Daddy, Abigail and mine and baby's stuff)

We think we are gonna be induced around 37 - 38 weeks after appointments yesterday. So that would place it somewhere between 10th and 20th of November. Will know for sure later.

Glad we did all that shopping at the weekend. Im working from home right now, waiting for cot to be delivered. When that arrives we are ready should he or she want to join us even earlier.

Next stop getting those bags packed! EKKKKKKKKKK [only joking, cant wait :D]

We think we are gonna be induced around 37 - 38 weeks after appointments yesterday. So that would place it somewhere between 10th and 20th of November. Will know for sure later.

Glad we did all that shopping at the weekend. Im working from home right now, waiting for cot to be delivered. When that arrives we are ready should he or she want to join us even earlier.

Next stop getting those bags packed! EKKKKKKKKKK [only joking, cant wait :D]

I love excited Daddies :D
    Watching their faces when they see their ickle babies for the first time is incredible, sometimes even more so than the mammies (since we get 9 months to bond with someone we can feel).
    My OH thought I was some sort of wizard when my first was born. Kept staring at her, then me, then her and murmuring "How did you MAKE this?"

• Registered Users Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭jlm29

How is everyone? This thread is awful quiet! Spent a few minutes last night dangling upside down- baby is breech, so need to give some gently encouragement to turn! Need to get a bit more serious about it though.... Should probably be in the swimming pool doing handstands instead of typing!
    Hospital bag packed though, and all ready. Only a few more weeks at work- it's all getting so real!

• Advertisement

jlm29 wrote: »
    How is everyone? This thread is awful quiet! Spent a few minutes last night dangling upside down- baby is breech, so need to give some gently encouragement to turn! Need to get a bit more serious about it though.... Should probably be in the swimming pool doing handstands instead of typing!
    Hospital bag packed though, and all ready. Only a few more weeks at work- it's all getting so real!

I'm in utter agony :(
    My back right up to my shoulderblades, ribcage, pelvis and thigh bones..

On the plus side, only a max of 7 weeks left if I have to be induced! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭billiejosie

Hope everyone is keeping well!

Getting very excited now, due this day 5 weeks if all goes as planned :)

At my 33 week scan, the consultant estimated that baby was 5 and half pounds, so dying to see how much they weigh at 36 week appointment. Im quite small so bump is fter getting huge!
    The sooner the big day arrives the better, no more heartburn or SPD, yay!

And a new arrival of course :)

We should have a good idea Tuesday about when we will be going. We know they want to bring us in early, but beyond that it is unclear. Clearly we want the baby to stay in as long as it wants to, so fingers crossed they wait for 39 weeks, and don't want to go on 37 [which would be less than two weeks time].

But with that over our head I think we are sorted. Weekend spent getting house in order and various flat pack bits built.

Mrs Vagga getting uncomfortable, but life is good with a good man waiting on you hand and foot [but clearly she may not use those same exact words :D]

No drama this morning. "See you in two weeks..."

No news is good news I guess :D

Hope all is well with everyone..

No drama this morning. "See you in two weeks..."

No news is good news I guess :D

Hope all is well with everyone..

We've ended up back at square one with no name for baby :o

• Advertisement

Mrs Vagga is in the hospital now, and there she shall stay until he or she decides to join us :)

Big person and little person are both all good, all a waiting game now...

Mrs Vagga is in the hospital now, and there she shall stay until he or she decides to join us :)

Glad she is ok! Plenty magazines and books for her til baby arrives!

Had an appt on wed- baby has turned, so were ready for action! Two more weeks in work- I can't wait to finish up!

Oh id say you guys are dying with excitement!

OH is convinced Im going earlyish. He booked a course for the weekend Im due, and paid in full - so obviously I know when Im giving birth!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,419 ✭✭✭cowboyBuilder

002 arrived today , programmed c section as he was getting big - weighed in at 4.1 kg !!
    Originally due nov 8th..
    He's a bit red tho , like a bad sunburn ..

002 arrived today , programmed c section as he was getting big - weighed in at 4.1 kg !!
    Originally due nov 8th..

Congrats!! Chubby baba indeed! My first was 8lbs3oz so Im hoping not much bigger this time!

Originally due nov 8th..

Congrats! Great news!

36 week consultant appointment today - very excited!

Has anyone elses feet become massive? i can't even feel my ankle bone they're so swollen, not fun.

But another week closer to meeting baby :)

36 week consultant appointment today - very excited!

Has anyone elses feet become massive? i can't even feel my ankle bone they're so swollen, not fun.

But another week closer to meeting baby :)

Mine are way up too. Up a shoe size for sure. Although last time I went up two sizes because of the summer heat! 36 week check for me tomorrow, as well as our wedding booking appointment - super excited!

ShaShaBear wrote: »
    Mine are way up too. Up a shoe size for sure. Although last time I went up two sizes because of the summer heat! 36 week check for me tomorrow, as well as our wedding booking appointment - super excited!

Omg, doubly exciting times so!

Our little young man was born at 37 weeks via planned / emergency induction yesterday. Mum and young man doing great after a long day for them both :)

One bit of advice is that a number of the things in our birth plan had to go out the window for heath / medical reasons, and just there comes a point when you have to trust the relationship you have built with your midwife and also that the doctors know what they are doing :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭Coopaloop

Our little young man was born at 37 weeks via planned / emergency induction yesterday. Mum and young man doing great after a long day for them both :)

One bit of advice is that a number of the things in our birth plan had to go out the window for heath / medical reasons, and just there comes a point when you have to trust the relationship you have built with your midwife and also that the doctors know what they are doing :)

Congratulations!! That's great news. Enjoy every minute :)

Huge congrats! Delighted everyone is doing well :D
    Re the birth plan, you'd be surprised how much of it goes totally out the window even in a normal birth! I had planned to be very active during mine, and I ended up on my back the entire time! Granted, there wasn't a lot of room for walking, but still :pac:

I feel like this end of the pregnancy is DRAGGING! 37 weeks on Monday!

Congrats! Great news!
    I didn't make a birth plan last time, coz sure, I hadn't a clue what to plan for! I haven't really considered it this time either, though I have a few extra plans in my head than last time around!

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Congratulations :)

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭New farmers wife

I'm so nervous about it all, 12 days to due date and struggle at times, think it's like being overwhelmed by it all.

I'm so nervous about it all, 12 days to due date and struggle at times, think it's like being overwhelmed by it all.

18 for me and I am a bag of nerves too! And this isn't even my first! :pac:

Honestly, I'd welcome a start now. Got everything ready and my wee one is staying in her Nana's. Got my induction date for the 11th of December - here's hoping I go before that!

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭New farmers wife

This is my first, nearly had a meltdown last night. Back to hospital tomorrow, last week they said they might do an internal exam this week!!

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,430 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Baby boy born today at 2:08! Small little guy at 7lbs, but glad he's finally here! :-)

This is my first, nearly had a meltdown last night. Back to hospital tomorrow, last week they said they might do an internal exam this week!!

They aren't that bad at all ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭Coopaloop

antodeco wrote: »
    Baby boy born today at 2:08! Small little guy at 7lbs, but glad he's finally here! :-)

Huge congratulations :)

Advertisement