Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dubai World Cup Night

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,414 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

BumperD wrote: »
    Fancy Sole Pole again tomorrow. Was given zero chance lto. With a proper ride closer to the pace & not run into a wall of horses, should place at least imo. Farmah a squeak at bigger prices.
    Can't really be having Sole Power. 0/7 at Meydan, recent form not good either. While Sole Power has great English sprint form, the Meydan sprints are run at a scorchingly fast pace. At 8 years old now, Sole Power is not going to be able to handle the speed. The good thing about today is that Sole Power hopefully loses by a decent margin, giving better odds later in the year for a race at Ascot/Newmarket.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Peintre Celebre

Poor enough fields for tonight. Rich Tapestry should win the sprint I think. World Cup itself is woeful.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Lt J.R. Bell

You don't like classy animals then, there is no doubting his quality and the fact is his form is the best in the race, negative is he never ran here before and is his first run of season.

Ah, it's more the people who own him and the media hype lol. He's a bit of a nutter Brown Panther (took a fancy to Estimate in Goodwood) , in my humble opinion. Still he wiped my grin off my face after the Irish St Leger .He went crazy in the parade and yet destroyed the Field (Michael Owen had said,a little arrogantly, before the race, that it was likely the easiest Group 1 to try for)

Have a good day anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭HarshOstrich

Backed frankyfourfingers there in the first and he got it how he wanted up front just think the jockey got he sectionals wrong as the horse stays two furlongs further so should have finished the race off well, he must of went off to quick

Can't really be having Sole Power. 0/7 at Meydan, recent form not good either. While Sole Power has great English sprint form, the Meydan sprints are run at a scorchingly fast pace. At 8 years old now, Sole Power is not going to be able to handle the speed. The good thing about today is that Sole Power hopefully loses by a decent margin, giving better odds later in the year for a race at Ascot/Newmarket.

Even then, I wouldn't be too confident about Sole Power this year at Newmarket /Ascot. He's 8 now. Some of his rivals are improving. Hughes has done great on him, but I wished Wayne Lordan got another chance on him since he rode Slade Power

Hopefully my worries will be wrong, even if it's he gets at least one of them

• Advertisement

Backed frankyfourfingers there in the first and he got it how he wanted up front just think the jockey got he sectionals wrong as the horse stays two furlongs further so should have finished the race off well, he must of went off to quick

Same here, but that horse seems to finish weak anyway, there was a warning sign from the experts. Was hoping he would even place. Bha

You don't like classy animals then, there is no doubting his quality and the fact is his form is the best in the race, negative is he never ran here before and is his first run of season.

Well, omens aren't too bad, BP looks relaxed in the ring

• Registered Users Posts: 7,838 ✭✭✭Nulty

Excellent run from Brown Panther. Delighted for horse and rider.

Bravo to Brown Panther. Delighted with Azeemah, since he came from a bad draw

• Registered Users Posts: 4,753 ✭✭✭kksaints

Have gone for Sir Fever in the 1 55 and Big Macher in the 3 05. Also gone for The Grey Gatsby in the 3 40. The Japanese usually have a winner at the meeting so have also taken a chance on Hokko Tarumae in the 5 00.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,414 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

Fancy Sole Pole again tomorrow. Was given zero chance lto. With a proper ride closer to the pace & not run into a wall of horses, should place at least imo. Farmah a squeak at bigger prices.

Almost too easy there for Sole Power :)

Absolutely delighted for Sole Power.Eddie Lyneham you genius. Richard was brilliant there.

Well, thats the initial worries about Ascot /Newmarket out of the window. Despite my reservations, I thank Aidan KK (the thread on 100 bets to the flat season,) he called it. Just couldn't let the horse go without backing SP. I thought the English rivals would be better

I called it long before, he just followed me :pac:

I called it long before, he just followed me :pac:

Fair due, you are righ, but Aido has form. Thanks to both of ye for setting me straight

It was last minute for me,just like Ascot, it's hard to ignore trends and form, but looking at the draw and the opponents, and Lynams quotes about SP being "full of himself" couldn't ignore a gamble.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Good to see the American horses back after they ripped up the Tapeta.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭tryfix

Promising run by The Grey Gatsby, but his attitude has to be a worry.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Johner wrote: »
    Prince Bishop hasn't really taken a liking to the new surface has still ran two good races considering, will take a chance that it will click for him tomorrow at 14/1.

Bang bang.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭tryfix

Johner wrote: »
    Bang bang.
    Nice one. The World Cup is farcical at this stage. An other decent but not great really old Suroor horse takes the Cup from far better animals.:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭mr.jingle

mr.jingle wrote: »
    Always like the World Cup night and had some nice winners in the big one too most memorably Well Armed when he slaughtered the field and think California Chrome could do the same to these won't be as impressive but should win the big one. Here's my selections for what they are worth

12-40 Tamarkuz 13/8
    Forecast Tamarkuz to beat Surfer
    1-15 Star Empire e/w 20/1
    1-50 Mubtaahij 11/4
    2.25 Amber Sky e/w 8/1
    3-05 Cool Cowboy e/w 20/1
    3-40 Solow 3/1 think The Grey Gatsby needs 10f to fully show his full ability
    4-15 Dolniya 7/1 going into the race under the radar
    5-05 California Chrome 13/8

Ive had worse days, looking back ive a soft spot for Sole Power just didn't think his record in Meydan even at the price was worth backing but delighted he won as he's a class act.

Anyway 4 winners and a nice priced place from 8 selections ill take anyday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Shemale

Well my brilliant luck keeps coming, ffs.

Got a text being told to back Sold Power from a solid contact, didnt see the text til 3.20, fml

• Registered Users Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭paddyisreal

tryfix wrote: »
    Nice one. The World Cup is farcical at this stage. An other decent but not great really old Suroor horse takes the Cup from far better animals.:pac:

In all fairness he ain't a bad horse. Beat circle Des aisles as a three year old. That's good form in any book.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,016 ✭✭✭Itziger

In all fairness he ain't a bad horse. Beat circle Des aisles as a three year old. That's good form in any book.

Whether he's good or not form wise, it was the performance on the night that had me scratching my head. Horse gives the rest 6 lengths, runs widest of all and wins by 3 or 4.

Really??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Peintre Celebre

Shock horror Godolphin horse shows astronomical improvement to win their biggest race in their back yard. Clean as a whistle

That's exactly what I was thinking but didn't want to say. I guess the prize money was given to charity.

Advertisement