Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

help needed to finish setup of SPC 6330

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,643 ✭✭✭✭altor

max2013 wrote: »
    doing it via setting up areas did not really work and deleted everything and went with your other suggestion of using partset with different fob and pin which worked ok first time.
    only small error is keypad does not show entry timer on LCD and which was happening before but still you can hear the buzzer and its counting down. don't know why its not showing, but exit timer is working ok with buzzer.

Is the keypad set up for this area?
    Have you set up a common area for the system or just areas?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

There is no common area option on Siemens systems.

KoolKid wrote: »
    There is no common area option on Siemens systems.

Limited then...

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

No.
    You obviously just don't understand how to programme the system.

No.
    You obviously just don't understand how to programme the system.

All systems are simple to program. I know you think some are easier than others but in reality this is not the case. Take the visonic system, looks complicated in the manual but very easy to set up.

• Advertisement

The thread is about setting up a Siemens system with areas and part sets. You clearly don't understand the system if you state that because there are no common areas it's limited and can't be done. I would suggest you do your research and maybe some training on the system before making such false comments.
    What has Visonic systems got to do with anything in this thread?

• Registered Users Posts: 41 max2013

been looking everywhere and could not find it. there is no audio options for keypad or panel other then uploading or playing files.
    one keypad is assigned to the fullset area and the other one to partset area.

Remind me again,what audio options are you trying to set up for which keypad?

was trying to get the keypad next to the front door to display the entry timer as it beeps but does not show it.
    exit timer works ok.

I have never seen the entry timer display on Siemens.
    Why do you need to see it?

• Advertisement

I thought that was a standard feature and I thought I must have messed it up by playing with all the setting.
    if its not available then its not a problem as its not important, but good to have.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭Sequence 365

Hi coming in late ,not trying to complicate things
    Siemens panel does not display entry timer which is a good thing in so far as if there was forced entry at the front door they can't see how long they have .

In relation to your panic buttons on your keypads make sure you have panic enabled on each keypad .

I'm sure you are aware that you can have two different part sets & you can change the description to whatever you want. I generally find the setting very user friendly

Hi coming in late ,not trying to complicate things
    Siemens panel does not display entry timer which is a good thing in so far as if there was forced entry at the front door they can't see how long they have .

In relation to your panic buttons on your keypads make sure you have panic enabled on each keypad .

I'm sure you are aware that you can have two different part sets & you can change the description to whatever you want. I generally find the setting very user friendly

yes that is a good point about the entry timer.
    yes I have changed the names of the partsets to make it easy to setup and to see which area I am setting.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 vinny26

Hi I have the new spc connect app working fine I have my alarm fitted with 8 input 2 output expander I cannot control these relays from the app is it possible? it would be nice for remote access any help appreciated thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

vinny26 wrote: »
    Hi I have the new spc connect app working fine I have my alarm fitted with 8 input 2 output expander I cannot control these relays from the app is it possible? it would be nice for remote access any help appreciated thanks.

Yes you can but it's not a DIY job. I'd recommend you get your installer to set this up for you.

Yes you can but it's not a DIY job. I'd recommend you get your installer to set this up for you.

Hi Fred thanks for replying I installed myself I have decent knowledge of the system do I need to port forward on my router or is it enabling via the web browser any help appreciated thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭rolion

arent those relays setup "cause & effect" !?

The relays in the spc controller are used for ex bell/ strobe etc... But in the app it gives the option of turning on relays on/off ie in demo site. There are 2 volt free n/c,n/o relays in the expander can these be controlled via the app or the Darlington outputs as handy for switching 230v appliances via a low voltage relay coils and base. At the minute the are not highlighted in mobile app was wondering wat I need to do to control them.

The relays in the spc controller are used for ex bell/ strobe etc... But in the app it gives the option of turning on relays on/off ie in demo site. There are 2 volt free n/c,n/o relays in the expander can these be controlled via the app or the Darlington outputs as handy for switching 230v appliances via a low voltage relay coils and base. At the minute the are not highlighted in mobile app was wondering wat I need to do to control them.

Arent they ...disabled !?

405511.jpg

rolion wrote: »
    Arent they ...disabled !?

405511.jpg
    Thanks rolion I am logged in as engineer and engineer access granted I can't see the outputs picture enclosed it's the spc 4300 have not enabled sumthing?

• Advertisement

Thanks rolion I am logged in as engineer and engineer access granted I can't see the outputs picture enclosed it's the spc 4300 have not enabled sumthing?

I have both 43 and 53.
    Expanders are only on the 53 but they have the same gui.
    Go to : configuration,outputs. ... as an Engineer.

rolion wrote: »
    I have both 43 and 53.
    Expanders are only on the 53 but they have the same gui.
    Go to : configuration,outputs. ... as an Engineer.

I was logged in as soft engineer for **** sake!!! thanks rolion I enabled the 2 outputs on the expander in the engineering menu as system latch but still I can't see them in the mobile app there not highlighted i wonder is it possible to trigger them via app thanks for all ur help.

Create a Mapping Gate and name it
    Then programme the Output you want as that mapping gate.
    It will now appear under outputs on the app where you can switch it on or off.
    After that you can add on/off triggers & calendars that will let you do pretty much anything with it.

Create a Mapping Gate and name it
    Then programme the Output you want as that mapping gate.
    It will now appear under outputs on the app where you can switch it on or off.
    After that you can add on/off triggers & calendars that will let you do pretty much anything with it.
    Worked a treat thanks KoolKid.

Advertisement