Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Patti Smith - Dublin - June 1st

Options
  • 19-02-2015 5:11pm
    Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,906 Mod ✭✭✭✭

10981817_10152542378287271_7074779317931294006_n.jpg?oh=ff82184782150ba352c15a038a85b86c&oe=5583A99B

POD are delighted to announce that legendary poet, author, and punk icon Patti Smith will play an intimate outdoor show at the Royal Hospital Kilmainham, Dublin on bank holiday Monday, 1 June. Tickets go on sale on Monday, 23 February at 09:00.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

Decent support

• Registered Users Posts: 4,998 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Very interesting

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

great support.
    odd that they have the Forbidden Fruit link on the bottom, given that it's not part of the festival outright. sort of glad they're not though, seeing as I'll be at Life for the Fri/Sat/Sun.

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭dinevalesco

Just got tickets. When they say 'intimate outdoor gig' what do they mean? I was at Forbidden Fruit there last year - will the gig be where the Main Stage is at that festival?

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Kompany

Are the stage times available ?

Is this at the maim stage or in a marquee ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,876 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

Kompany wrote: »
    Are the stage times available ?

Is this at the maim stage or in a marquee ?

Just saw a tweet that they're moving it to a tent due to weather.

PATTI SMITH SHOW due to take place on outdoor stage at Royal Hospital will now be staged inside tents at same venue due to inclement weather

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

In real terms its sold so badly we have no choice to fit the small few who bought tickets inside a tent to make it look bigger

STAGE TIMES:

New Secret Weapon: 6pm (Tent 2)
    Ariel Pink: 6:40pm (Tent 1)
    Spiritualized: 7:55pm (Tent 2)
    Patti Smith 9:15pm (Tent 1)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,930 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Well feck the weather I'm going

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭grudgehugger

Saw her in Barcelona on Friday (and Saturday) - well worth braving the weather for.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,257 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Saw her in Barcelona on Friday (and Saturday) - well worth braving the weather for.

I'll second that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭eclectichoney

Why did they have to split it into 2 separate tents? Seems a bit mad getting everyone to move between tents for each act?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,723 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

Incredible gigs last night. Spiritualized amazing and Patti Smith blew the ****ing roof off the other tent!

amazing gig all 3 acts were great

Why did they have to split it into 2 separate tents? Seems a bit mad getting everyone to move between tents for each act?
    bands could play right up to the next bands time slot and no set up time wasted.

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭AnnaSophia

That was incredible! What an amazing energy, and also, can't believe she played Because The Night ðŸ˜

I met kevin Shields there yesterday.. a real meet your heroes moment ie me telling him incomprehensibly how great he is....and him prob not understanding me but being a sound legend all the same!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭conorhal

but1er wrote: »
    In real terms its sold so badly we have no choice to fit the small few who bought tickets inside a tent to make it look bigger

Geez that makes me sad. As an old fart now, my tolerence for standing in the rain in a mucky field has drastically declined, so I often find out about gigs that might tempt me to do so far too late these days, but when I saw the poster for Patti Smith last thursday I didn't even check to see if tickets were available because I assumed they would have long ago sold out.
    I mean Horses, that's an iconic album, I'd have expected tickets to be like gold dust as they were for Pixies Dolittle 25th anneversary gig (one I did get to see) or of Lou Read was to play Transformer or something.

Glad it sounded like she tore the roof off though!

conorhal wrote: »
    Geez that makes me sad. As an old fart now, my tolerence for standing in the rain in a mucky field has drastically declined, so I often find out about gigs that might tempt me to do so far too late these days, but when I saw the poster for Patti Smith last thursday I didn't even check to see if tickets were available because I assumed they would have long ago sold out.
    I mean Horses, that's an iconic album, I'd have expected tickets to be like gold dust as they were for Pixies Dolittle 25th anneversary gig (one I did get to see) or of Lou Read was to play Transformer or something.

Glad it sounded like she tore the roof off though!
    it wasn't quite like that, it was never going to be the full main stage, it was to be an "intimate" outdoor summer night in dublin, it would have been the area usually reserved for pit passes. However moving it indoors was a genius move!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭conorhal

it wasn't quite like that, it was never going to be the full main stage, it was to be an "intimate" outdoor summer night in dublin, it would have been the area usually reserved for pit passes. However moving it indoors was a genius move!

One of the other reasons I didn't bother to check for a ticket is the fact that I'n never once (living near Kilmainham) heard a gig on in the venue when it WASN'T pissing rain at the time. The June bank holiday weekend always seems to take a hit.

i must admit ...i opened my front door around 5.30-6ish and slammed shut again and No f**ing way was i stepping out in that...Tom Crean would have shat himself

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Dibble

There is something Jedi-like about Patti Smith. Her presence is transcendental. She seems to draw from a deep well of understanding and compassion. And live, she is magnetic. You cannot take your eyes off her. She is 68 and yet ageless. Her debut album is 40 years old and yet timeless. Her performance last night was truly magnificent. I think this is down to her conviction. She really gives everything when she performs. And the audience weren't shy in showing their appreciation either!

All told, a brilliant gig :).

Set List available on Set List FM

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭horseburger

conorhal wrote: »
    One of the other reasons I didn't bother to check for a ticket is the fact that I'n never once (living near Kilmainham) heard a gig on in the venue when it WASN'T pissing rain at the time. The June bank holiday weekend always seems to take a hit.

There's been loads of gigs there where it didn't rain. But I think if the bands are good, you can kind of ignore the rain.

Except for when leaving the venue afterwards when you have to make sure not to sink, slip or trip in the real muddy parts!:)

I think it was more because of the strong wind conditions yesterday, rather than the rain, that it had to be moved into the tent setting.

Anyone see Ariel Pink at all??? I had no idea who they were but they were brilliant! Frank Zappa for kids!!

Anyone see Ariel Pink at all??? I had no idea who they were but they were brilliant! Frank Zappa for kids!!

Thought they were rubbish actually.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,257 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Birneybau wrote: »

Reads like a piss-take.

(although, for full disclosue, I didn't like Ariel Pink either)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,723 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

Birneybau wrote: »

****ing hell, ignorance is the new journalism.

Sounds like a right prat.

Advertisement