Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I did 176 mph two up, on a blade.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,222 ✭✭✭goodlad

blade1 wrote: »
    GIVI boxes 100mph???
    It says on mine not to go over 80mph:pac::pac:
    I'm not saying what speed these 3 boxes went!
    Let's just say the front got a bit flighty....oh!..on a closed road I might add!!!:pac:
    56188D6A-8B1B-45F0-9767-E8CF14C01952-4344-000006762D0F0918_zps59b46c7b.jpg

I want that bike!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭blade1

goodlad wrote: »
    I want that bike!

Ok!
    How much will you give me for it?:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭batman_oh

lennymc wrote: »
    Iirc i hit the speed limiter on my k8 gsxr thousand when I had it. Regularly hit 150-160 plus when racing. Going through debtors at 140 (estimated) with your knee down on a litre bike with 30 other people is one of the scariest/craziest/most feeling alive things i've ever done.

Although the k8 was probably the fastest bike I have owned, the busa acceleration was just soooooo strong. I've never experienced anything like it, even on the race bikes with adjusted gearing. Not sure what the modern crop of bikes are like, but the pure grunt was phenomenal. (Mine was a 2005 iirc) It was like that scene in star wars where they make the jump to light speed, and everything outside the window just got longer and stretched out, before, BAM, you were gone in an instant. I think I want another busa.

hqdefault.jpg

Think I recall me aul K6 winning a 6th gear roll on :pac:
    I miss those Sunday breakfast spins!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,222 ✭✭✭goodlad

Ok!
    How much will you give me for it?:pac:

I'm pretty sure its outside my price range.

goodlad wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure its outside my price range.

You can always get rid of a couple of the kids!:pac:
    Seriously though I wouldn't sell it anyway unless someone offered me crazy money.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,268 ✭✭✭twowheelsonly

Interestingly I read an article once that stated that the brain can process information up to 180mph. (Was disputed though with others saying anything from 140mph upwards)

This is the reason for the tunnel vision when you're travelling at speed. The brain can't process the information it's receiving fast enough to build a complete picture of what's around so it's blurred. Objects in the distance are identifiable as the brain has extra time to process the info whereas objects up close (hedges, white lines etc ) become blurred. It still takes a fraction though for the brain to acknowledge what it's seeing and process that info so say you see a car in the distance and there's a process of 'car - must slow down - brake' rather than an instantaneous reaction such as when you're reading words on this page!!

The brain can however be 'trained' to do speed up by repetition which is why the likes of F1 drivers have a faster reactions than the rest of us.
    Experience counts for a lot and does increase your brain speed. A complete novice hopping on the OPs bike and hitting 175 would probably be dead just when the word 'car' registered on his brain..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,568 ✭✭✭Skill Magill

^^^
    Ye man, I've got a few years under the belt, these days I tend to be more careful, (sometimes)

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭inchiuvatu

GIVI boxes 100mph???
    It says on mine not to go over 80mph:pac::pac:

I cheated a little bit after I read the speed warning on them

• Registered Users Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭lennymc

batman_oh wrote: »
    Think I recall me aul K6 winning a 6th gear roll on :pac:
    I miss those Sunday breakfast spins!

yeah - that was against the k8. I remember that :mad::mad: :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BlackWizard

I dunno how fast I took my ZZR but it was fast enough to warrant being worried about taking my eyes off the road.

I brough my old diesel Passat up to 120mph and it felt quite stable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Mr Sheen!

The autobhan's got a good ole lashing out of it by myself and a couple of other heads on here last summer. Was on a VFR1200 at the time with the full luggage and it was very stable. I would not say its the fastest I have ever gone but definitely the fastest over such a large distance. . . . One day we were just filling the bikes up and only slowing to stop for juice and then off again for another tank.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 TheArtOfNoise

I got up to 75mph on my Vespa px200 on the way from Dublin to the Belfast Easter Egg Run a few years ago, t'was very cold for easter time though!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭honda boi

Only got to 90mph on my deauville 650.
    Didn't think the bike would handle it if I went anymore !!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

I have redlined my current steed on the motorway after an emergency with my newborn, TBH it was a total whur at the time and cant remember much of it. When I got home after a few hrs I checked the speedo which records the fastest you have went and it was north of 170!!! Granted it was on a motorway all the way from Portlaoise to Meath.......

Looking back it was ****in totally ridiculous but you dont think of that when you think of the worst to your own child!!!

Did do well over 100 two up with Leppla of here, was great craic.......(For me anyway :pac::pac::pac::pac:)

Any as Leppla said, the autobahn in Germany was giving a right going over too!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,248 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    I have redlined my current steed on the motorway after an emergency with my newborn, TBH it was a total whur at the time and cant remember much of it. When I got home after a few hrs I checked the speedo which records the fastest you have went and it was north of 170!!! Granted it was on a motorway all the way from Portlaoise to Meath.......

Looking back it was ****in totally ridiculous but you dont think of that when you think of the worst to your own child!!!
    Worst time to do it, you're not concentrating on the road at all. I remember driving home and back to the hospital about 2 hours my first was born, could have driven through a red and wouldn't have noticed!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭aaakev

Topped out a gsxr 750 at 168mph a few years ago. Fastest I've gone on 4 wheels was 175mph in a jag xkr, now that was fun!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,176 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

aaakev wrote: »
    Topped out a gsxr 750 at 168mph a few years ago. Fastest I've gone on 4 wheels was 175mph in a jag xkr, now that was fun!

Supercharged V8. Oooooh yeah, Jaaag. :)

jimgoose wrote: »
    Supercharged V8. Oooooh yeah, Jaaag. :)

Yup that's the one!

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭corcaigh1

Yup that's the one!

Limited to 155.4Mph..???

corcaigh1 wrote: »
    Limited to 155.4Mph..???

Clearly not if we went faster.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭Nodster

Clearly not if we went faster.....

....selfies or GFO :P

:) To tell you the truth, I haven't opened up the TDM, I only drive into town and back :) and I'm in my forties and may have become wiser in my dottage

:) To tell you the truth, I haven't opened up the TDM, I only drive into town and back :) and I'm in my forties and may have become wiser in my dottage
    I don't think that's down to you.
    That's not what the Tdm is about.
    Much more fun on the twisties down some back roads than ringing the neck off off it on the main road.

How's she going for you since you done the oil stem seals?
    A bit easier on oil anyway yeah?:)

Goin great blade, hasn't used any oil since! (only do about 50km a week though)

Goin great blade, hasn't used any oil since! (only do about 50km a week though)

That's good to hear.
    Treat her well!
    I've a soft spot for TDM's
    Kinda sorry I sold my own one.
    I've had over twenty bikes and the TDM is definitely one of my favourites!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,908 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Doom wrote: »
    Lashing a Bike around Mondello, way more fun...touching 150mph on the straights.

You be dead soon if you drive like that on a public road., smallest mistake from another road user and it's all over.

It wouldn't be 'mistake.'

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

Topped my fazer out at just north of 120.... I need a bigger bike....

I did just have my best ride in 9 months just a few hours ago.... Cork to fermoy on the motorway tearing it out, I felt like there was nothing between me and the road, it was pure bliss, the bike ran so smooth I felt like the front end just didn't exist....got off in fermoy and had the biggest smile I've ever had on my face... It saddened me to stop, :(

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Mr Sheen!

Topped my fazer out at just north of 120.... I need a bigger bike....

I did just have my best ride in 9 months just a few hours ago.... Cork to fermoy on the motorway tearing it out, I felt like there was nothing between me and the road, it was pure bliss, the bike ran so smooth I felt like the front end just didn't exist....got off in fermoy and had the biggest smile I've ever had on my face... It saddened me to stop, :(

Get yourself to some good twistys and that smile will be twice the size when you get off the bike.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

Mr Sheen! wrote: »
    Get yourself to some good twistys and that smile will be twice the size when you get off the bike.

The minute I've time that'll be happening college and work stop all leisure rides for now haha. 2 weeks off at Easter will have a few hundred miles added....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

No idea my fastest speed, been +/- 170mph many times but my biggest grins come with my longest wheelies and not with my top speeds these days.

Advertisement