Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mastodon - June 26th - Olympia Theatre

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

They'd be contracted to Reading/Leeds though so imagine it's not negotiable to play gigs elsewhere in England,last time they were here they filmed Game of Thrones so imagine only good times spent here, think Bill has family in Kerry too.

Going tonight, some great reviews last 2 nights hopefully they not too tired, am I right in saying the Bad Breeding crowd aren't worth watching?

Not entirely correct, normally only the headliners, maybe second on the bill too would have an exclusivity clause, and that only says they can't play any other festivals, for example Metallica headlined Reading in 2003 and the only way they could play Download was as a secret unannounced act.
    Mastodon aint really big enough to be having them type of clauses in a contract

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭idontlikefig

Before Mastodon played Ember City Troy pointed at people in the VIP seats and said this song is for yous.... And then after the gig Brann said that "we got the president in the house" ? I'm really curios to know what the hell they were talking about does anyone know ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,350 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

scudzilla wrote: »
    Not entirely correct, normally only the headliners, maybe second on the bill too would have an exclusivity clause, and that only says they can't play any other festivals, for example Metallica headlined Reading in 2003 and the only way they could play Download was as a secret unannounced act.
    Mastodon aint really big enough to be having them type of clauses in a contract

Think they headlining a stage but ya know what ya mean usually they be billed as exclusive show or such if lower on bill or smaller fest e.g. Opeth or Trivium at Bloodstock.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

I missed out on them this time. Saw them in the Academy last time. Was the gig any good?

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭LuckyFinigan

They were great in Cork, I was too bad the security were a bit ott, Troy even commented on it trying to get them to step down but they weren't having any of it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭zk532

Gig was excellent. Hinds's guitar playing was the highlight for me, The Czar was amazing live. Also the Thin Lizzy cover, Emerald was great.

Advertisement