Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What can I do?

Options
  • 18-02-2015 10:40pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭

I started back at the gym/trying to lose weight about 3 months ago at 121kg.
    I'm down to 109 (morning weight) but I feel I've plateaued (sp?)

What can I do to lose more weight?

Currently I'm in the gym twice a week with the trainer and once on my own, I try to cycle to work twice a week (25k round trip) and a 20k cycle on the weekend. I've restricted myself to c.1600 kcal a day consisting of eggs and Turkey bacon for breakfast, tuna or chicken with rocket or spinach and peppers, tomatoes and the like for lunch and a homemade dinner along the lines of low fat curries, low fat mince spag bols, lots of fish and veg etc.
    I have a physical job and am on my feet all day. I carry most of my weight around the middle atm.

any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,581 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Well done on losing 12kg in 12 weeks!

What makes you say you've plateaued?

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭mada82

Great weight loss so far. Fair play.

1600 is a little low considering you're so active. You might need to up that.

But I'm sure there are people with better knowledge than me on here.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭nc19

What makes you say you've plateaued?

just the last week or so I haven't lost weight. maybe a few hundred grams or so. I just don't feel great atm. I lost about 20kg about 3 years ago but after the initial 12/13 I plateaued and took on a trainer then and lost the last 7kg before a baby came and I piled it back on through tiredness and laziness!!

Well done on losing 12kg in 12 weeks!

cheers

nc19 wrote: »
    just the last week or so I haven't lost weight. maybe a few hundred grams or so. I just don't feel great atm. I lost about 20kg about 3 years ago but after the initial 12/13 I plateaued and took on a trainer then and lost the last 7kg before a baby came and I piled it back on through tiredness and laziness!!

It's only been a week. I wouldn't worry about it.

How did you arrive at 1600 kcals as a target and how accurately do you track it?

But ultimately it's only been a week where it hasn't dropped. You're food looks reasonably good, you're active and both of those point to losing weight steadily in the long term. A week is nothing.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭nc19

How did you arrive at 1600 kcals as a target and how accurately do you track it?

a previous trainer had suggested it and the current trainer didn't advise against it. I don't find it too bad tbh. Some days I have more, some days less.

I use my fitness pal

• Advertisement

It could well be fine. Just wondered the basis for it. Presumably you're tracking pretty accurately.

What kind of macro breakdown would you have for an average day?

But ultimately I'd just say give it time.

Advertisement