Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Diet Review

Options
  • 17-02-2015 2:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,249 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I have been trying to lose some weight now and with the scales peaking at 16st 8lbs i said enough is enough.

From reading the forum and stickies I have been trying to come up with a diet that works for me and my range of food tastes. So far i have come up with the following:

Breakfast: 2 x boiled eggs, no egg yoke
    11's: 2 Ryvita with 2 low fat laughing cow triangles
    lunch: 85g Tuna with 2 ryvita crackers and an orange
    3pm: liberte yoghurt with strawberry and an orange
    6pm: chicken breast with broccolli/sprouts/peppers

any thoughts on this? have been trying to up the water intake but really struggling with this side of it. Would love to find something i could stick to so get me back to ~14st but thats a long way off anyway

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭abutler101

Hi slingerz, well done for trying to do something about your weight. I just have a couple of small suggestions.

Do you know what the calorie count on that diet is? That is the best way to see what a diet is like for weight loss. I find the app myfitnesspal brilliant for tracking calories.

Start eating the egg yolks, they are packed with vitamins, minerals and good fats.

Keep away from processed foods like the rivita crackers. Maybe try some porridge in the morning and sweet potatoes with your dinner to get your carbs.

Increase the amount of vegetables you eat and vary them too. Try more root vegetables like carrots, turnips, parsnips, beetroot. I would reduce it to one orange a day too.

Increasing your water is a really good way to fight food cravings. Start making sure you drink water with each meal and think about bringing a bottle with you to work. I have heard that to get your required water intake a day you should multiply your weight (in kilos) by 50 and that is how many mls you should be drinking a day.

Keep up the hard work, it is well worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,249 ✭✭✭slingerz

abutler101 wrote: »
    Hi slingerz, well done for trying to do something about your weight. I just have a couple of small suggestions.

Do you know what the calorie count on that diet is? That is the best way to see what a diet is like for weight loss. I find the app myfitnesspal brilliant for tracking calories.

Start eating the egg yolks, they are packed with vitamins, minerals and good fats.

Keep away from processed foods like the rivita crackers. Maybe try some porridge in the morning and sweet potatoes with your dinner to get your carbs.

Increase the amount of vegetables you eat and vary them too. Try more root vegetables like carrots, turnips, parsnips, beetroot. I would reduce it to one orange a day too.

Increasing your water is a really good way to fight food cravings. Start making sure you drink water with each meal and think about bringing a bottle with you to work. I have heard that to get your required water intake a day you should multiply your weight (in kilos) by 50 and that is how many mls you should be drinking a day.

Keep up the hard work, it is well worth it.

I think its approx 1,600 calories in that diet. i do need to improve on my water intake that is pretty poor at present. I am just using the ryvita as something to try bring some normality to it really

• Registered Users Posts: 5,249 ✭✭✭slingerz

down 11lbs last week in total on the diet. fear it has slowed down to almost a stop. If i could get 2lbs a week from now on i'd be happy enough with that really

Advertisement