Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Rag Week!

Options
  • 16-02-2015 1:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,902 ✭✭✭

*Gets popcorn*

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,671 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Donegal Spewsday here we come.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Gits_bone

Already seen some fires started by students

who are now down to their last bag of turf for the week.

• Registered Users Posts: 974 ✭✭✭Intifada

I can't believe what I've just seen. Walking through town by Woodquay and saw two students one at least 20 years of age, throwing dog faeces at another. Is this what our taxes pay for? Now don't get me wrong I'm all for a bit of fun and I've no problem with dogs, but throwing poo (excuse my french) at one another? Ridiculous carry on and I will be writing to the college mark my words.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Lorikeet111

That's just typical of rag week. It will be human faeces by 6 this evening when people are walking home from work, god help the poor souls. Forget the protesting about the water charges we should all be out in force against rag week.
    Where did you see that happen? bet it was outside that fibbers place oh its sinful.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,817 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Intifada wrote: »
    I can't believe what I've just seen. Walking through town by Woodquay and saw two students one at least 20 years of age, throwing dog faeces at another. Is this what our taxes pay for? Now don't get me wrong I'm all for a bit of fun and I've no problem with dogs, but throwing poo (excuse my french) at one another? Ridiculous carry on and I will be writing to the college mark my words.

The colleges have nothing to do with Rag Week anymore so writing to the college is pointless.

• Advertisement

Mars Bar wrote: »
    The colleges have nothing to do with Rag Week anymore so writing to the college is pointless.
    And what if I or someone else had been hit by a stray piece of it? Caught in the crossfire. You're telling me the college wouldn't be interested? As a citizen and tax payer what form of recourse have I? I shouted at them a bit and heard some smart-arse retort encouring me to call the 'poolice' but would the gardai even care? Probably too busy arrested water protestors!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Gits_bone

Hope they didn't get it in the eye.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Isn't it a beautiful day?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,978 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

That's just typical of rag week. It will be human faeces by 6 this evening when people are walking home from work, god help the poor souls. Forget the protesting about the water charges we should all be out in force against rag week.
    Where did you see that happen? bet it was outside that fibbers place oh its sinful.

Pretty sure Fibbers isnt in Woodquay!!!! Sinful indeed :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,978 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

snubbleste wrote: »
    Isn't it a beautiful day?

Tis grand, hoping to get outside between lectures later.:cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭unjedilike

And what if I or someone else had been hit by a stray piece of it? Caught in the crossfire. You're telling me the college wouldn't be interested? As a citizen and tax payer what form of recourse have I? I shouted at them a bit and heard some smart-arse retort encouring me to call the 'poolice' but would the gardai even care? Probably too busy arrested water protestors!!

Yes, call the police. This dung has to stop.

Pretty sure Fibbers isnt in Woodquay!!!! Sinful indeed :rolleyes:
    I wouldn't be surprised if they started up there and made their way down, isn't that how most of this behaviour goes? Like I said I've nothing against students having a bit of fun but it should be kept out of town and maybe reduced to 1 night or something. Where are they getting the money for it is what I want to know.

unjedilike wrote: »
    Yes, call the police. This dung has to stop.
    It's easy to see the funny side now but tell me would you be laughing if you saw somebody hit in the face or head with some dog mess no you would not

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Was it white?

• Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭boardzz

How do you know they were students?

boardzz wrote: »
    How do you know they were students?
    Well it wasn't Michael D f***ing Higgins was it

• Registered Users Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭antoobrien

I can't believe what I've just seen. Walking through town by Woodquay and saw two students one at least 20 years of age, throwing dog faeces at another.

Did you check was it real?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

I thought dogs only poo'd on the prom?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭Acidflash

It's just race week for students!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Could have been his funsize poo though......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,029 ✭✭✭Lockstep

Once again, how do you know there were students and not 2 random youngsters.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,817 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

They probably wouldn't be interested. They don't want to know about it which is why they have disassociated themselves from it. Call the guards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

Ah lads surely Initfada is taking the piss here no? Am I missing a joke you're all in on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Keith Finnegan and myself will be buzzing tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,671 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Timmyctc wrote: »
    Ah lads surely Initfada is taking the piss here no? Am I missing a joke you're all in on.

More like giving a $hit than taking the piss, tbh.

I'm off work tomorrow, gonna head down to Woodquay and try to get some animal pictures.

I'm off work tomorrow, gonna head down to Woodquay and try to get some animal pictures.
    Do they'll be in their natural green and yellow colours

• Registered Users Posts: 15,123 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

I wouldn't be surprised if they started up there and made their way down, isn't that how most of this behaviour goes? Like I said I've nothing against students having a bit of fun but it should be kept out of town and maybe reduced to 1 night or something. Where are they getting the money for it is what I want to know.

Typical. Blame the students. it's always the students fault. Always the students who actually do study all year round.

I wouldn't be surprised it you were the one falling over in shop street during Race Week. Either from too much drink, or from the weight of begrudgery weighing you down :rolleyes:

It was only a bit of dirt FFS, if it actually did happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭Sconsey

mikom wrote: »
    Was it white?

I'd say we are looking at an 'old white crumbly' here alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭charlie_says

The annual Rag Week thread is such a trolling gold mine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭ratracer

Do you think would the ambulance service be busier with drunk students or peeps falling off their high horses??

Advertisement