Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia Lumia 630 €71.99 on o2.ie prepay

Options
  • 15-02-2015 5:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭

This phone scores highly in review for budget phones. 20% off with priority moments. I ordered a free sim card which was delivered Friday, I then ordered a Lumia 630 €89.00 plus the 20% off code = €71.99.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭castle2012

Plus you get a free cloud speaker

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭Heraldoffreeent

Davy wrote: »

Orange is the new black??

I'll get me coat..................!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Orange is the new black??

I'll get me coat..................!

Well with the 630, 630 lumia's you can change the colour because the complete shell is removable so if you don't like the orange you can order official black, white, green etc cheaply :)

Got myself one ordered . I'll let you know when its delivered. It seems a steal for a new phone . Cant wait

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭moodrater

Nearly ordered for my wife .. no flash :(

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭balfe1990

Anyone know of any deals on the new Lumia 535?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,460 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

balfe1990 wrote: »
    Anyone know of any deals on the new Lumia 535?
    I bought it sim free from Argos for €115 about a month ago, and I use it for work as I found my Moto G had a bug with calls, and I have to say this has been rock solid, nice big screen scrolling and opening apps is pretty quick and decent enough front and back cameras. Main apps I use like facebook and twitter are there and will be getting the free upgrade to windows 10 when its released.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,865 ✭✭✭Soarer

How good is Windows compared to IOS and android?

Also, can these yokes be unlocked?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭djburchgrove

you'd be fat better off spending 20 quid more. and getting a Moto G 1st generation or a Lumia 535.

this only has 512 mb of ram. so will be slow as fcuk with more than 3 apps open.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

this only has 512 mb of ram. so will be slow as fcuk with more than 3 apps open.

No it won't. Windows Phone generally has no lag or slow downs that Android has.

That said the 535 has a slower chipset than the 630/635 so isn't going to be as fast as those.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭djburchgrove

well that's just not true. I've had 3 Windows phones. anything with ram can have Lag, depending on how you're using it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,153 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

you'd be fat better off spending 20 quid more. and getting a Moto G 1st generation or a Lumia 535.

Have you used the 630 specifically? I thought it was a great phone for the price and definitely wouldn't have called it 'slow as fcuk'. The only negative to it for me was the lack of flash on the camera which was the main reason I upgraded from it.

well that's just not true. I've had 3 Windows phones. anything with ram can have Lag, depending on how you're using it.

Lag as it occurs on Android.

WP closes apps more aggressively and lets fewer apps run in the background. But the interface doesn't lag. You might find apps you've just left have to be reopened, resumed a lot more though. If you are someone who uses 20 apps at once, and big huge games, all at once. Certainly maybe a €70 mobile isn't going to cut it. But then a Samsung Trend Plus on Android won't do that either. If I wanted to do that I'd be looking to get a Android with 2GB of RAM.

The 630 makes a great cheap phone.

I think WP is still missing a few features. But you get a lot of Bang for your buck on the cheaper WP phones.

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭ShakerMaker91

Got this phone for meself for Christmas so far I've had no problems with it its a grand phone for the price

Have to say i have one with my job , its very nippy , Coming from android windows is a much steadier system. Anyway its a bargain for €71.99

I bought it sim free from Argos for €115 about a month ago, and I use it for work as I found my Moto G had a bug with calls, and I have to say this has been rock solid, nice big screen scrolling and opening apps is pretty quick and decent enough front and back cameras. Main apps I use like facebook and twitter are there and will be getting the free upgrade to windows 10 when its released.

I have a 930 myself, but want to get the missus a 535 until she inevitably wants an iPhone 6, seems brilliant value.

1GB Ram, 5MP camera front and back, flash, quad core. I was going to buy it off Amazon but may as well get it in Argos of its only a little more expensive.

Hows the build quality, is a case/cover necessary?

I don't doubt that, but the thing about Windows Phones is, the operating system is built and tested on stupidly low-end specs FIRST, to ensure a great experience, and then they work from there to beefier hardware.

Even the Lumia 520 flies, and you can buy them for less than 50 euro.

Black one back in stock this morning

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Sorry for the stupid question, but how do I get the 20% off code? :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭Sam Mac

marcbrophy wrote: »
    Sorry for the stupid question, but how do I get the 20% off code? :)

Enter code PUPG at checkout. You need to be on O2 or else just pick up a SIM.

Order a free sim card if your not an o2 customer, Once its delivered register for priority moments , Then get the code off Priority moments and order your phone

Sam Mac wrote: »
    Enter code PUPG at checkout. You need to be on O2 or else just pick up a SIM.

Oh right, I get it now, thanks Sam.

Me ma is is on O2, could I upgrade her, but keep the phone myself? :D

Oh right, I get it now, thanks Sam.

Me ma is is on O2, could I upgrade her, but keep the phone myself? :D

Yup, just use her login details to order the phone.

Do be aware though that Lumia phones tend to be expensive to unlock. (€20-€25)

Of course, sorry about the silly questions. I am half alseep today.

I will probably just get it it for her to keep anyway as she needs a desperate update from her Nokia C3-00 :D

Of course, sorry about the silly questions. I am half alseep today.

I will probably just get it it for her to keep anyway as she needs a desperate update from her Nokia C3-00 :D

No bother Marc.

It's Monday - we're all half asleep :D

If you (or your mum) use a number on O2 for a long time. They might give you the unlock code. They did for me on the Lumia 520.

beauf wrote: »
    If you (or your mum) use a number on O2 for a long time. They might give you the unlock code. They did for me on the Lumia 520.

Will keep that in mind, thanks!
    She must have the current phone 4 years haha.

Get in quick all as the priority moments says valid till 4-3-2015. I reckon after this stage three will have taken over the site and discount s will be finished

• Advertisement

If anyone is prepared to take a risk of issues windows 10 preview can be installed on the 630 since last week.

More info:> http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/preview-download-phone

Advertisement